JobID 848 : Instructional Partner - Life Skills, Special Education (#1967254)
Provide instructional assistance to students under the direct supervision of a certified teacher. Assist in preparing, conducting, and managing of classroom activities.
Associate’s degree, two years of study at an institution of higher learning, or have met formal academic assessment as required by the No Child Left Behind Act
Valid Texas educational aide certificate (or obtained within 30 days of hire)
Ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies
Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to work well and in a positive manner with staff, students, and public
Ability to use computer software to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
Ability to manage student behavior
Prior experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide instruction to students under the direction of teacher; work with individual students or small groups.
- Assist teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing instruments or work assignments.
- Maintain neat and orderly classroom.
- Assist with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist teacher with administrative records and prepare required reports.
- Provide orientation and assistance to substitute teachers.
- Assist with supervision of students throughout school day, inside and outside classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, hallways, auditorium, and gyms.
- Inform teachers and administration of special needs or problems for individual students.
- Assist and oversee student academics and behavior management during disciplinary consequence sessions.
- Participate in staff development training programs, faculty meeting, and special events as assigned.
- Assist with clerical needs with other staff as needed.
- Punctual and regular attendance.
- Attend all required training as directed.
- The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.