JobID 5397 : Nutrition Services Elementary Manager I (#1967026)
Summary: The Nutrition Services Manager must insure students are served nutritious and attractive meals in a clean and caring atmosphere. Responsibilities include the coordination of all activities and overall management of the school kitchen including supervision of employees, planning, ordering and preparing meals to students. They are responsible for developing and promoting good community relations amongst various community and school clientele including but not limited to students, parents, administration and school based staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes the role of the working manager. In addition to managerial responsibilities, participates in preparation of multiple food choices, serving, cashiering, and sanitation tasks.
- Responsible for following district revenue handling procedures.
- Works with central office to schedule appropriate labor hours and delegates work assignments with employee(s) to ensure that all work in completed on time and all food service duties are rotated.
- Submits to the central office all food and non-food orders, payroll, attendance, time-off requests, inventory, maintenance and equipment needs requests in a timely manner and on the correct form.
- Meets health department sanitation standards in all areas.
- Ensures that employees follow safety policies and practices consistently and worker's compensation procedures are followed.
- Follows all HACCP Plan mandates including completing checklists and following standard operating procedures.
- Notifies supervisor of any personnel issues and keeps these issues confidential.
- Supervises Nutrition Services Employees and substitutes.
- Stays current with all district and department communications including voicemail and email. Attends manager meetings as directed. Shares all information with kitchen staff in a timely manner.
- Ensures all staff is trained as directed.
- Participates in all required meetings, trainings and development.
- Carries out all tasks and directives given by field manager or members on the Nutrition Service central office.
- Increases participation of students in both breakfast and lunch programs at an elementary level.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED desired
- Must have management skills and physical ability to perform the responsibilities of the job
- Possess strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Prior management experience preferred
- Three years of experience in Child Nutrition preferred
- Serve Safe Certificate or equivalent
- Required to maintain current First Aid/CPR certification during course of employment in this position
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer and keyboarding skills
- 10-key skills
- Customer service and public relations skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Ability to diffuse and manager volatile and stressful situations
- Ability to work with students with diverse backgrounds and abilities
Starting salary $15.574 per hour.
7 hours per day
Location to be determined
This position is eligible for benefits.