JobID 364 : Long Term Substitute - High School Choir Teacher (#1966653)
JOB TITLE: High School Choir Teacher – Long Term Substitute
REPORTS TO: High School Principal and Assistant Principal
** This is a Long Term Substitute Position starting approx. April 2020 (the current teacher will be taking maternity leave)
To enable each child to pursue his/her education as smoothly and completely as possible in the absence of a Teacher.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The ability to report to the school office following the scheduled time of substitution.
- Long Term Substitutes will follow contract and the dates listed.
- Fills out the necessary forms, obtains any special instructions and follows directions from regular teacher.
- Checks the regular teacher's mailbox for special bulletins, school communications, etc.
- Assumes responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in class as assigned.
- Grades all papers done that day and records the results on the graded papers, or by means instructed by the school administration and/or teacher.
- Records absences in the manner instructed.
- Upon completion of the teaching day and/or assigned long-term period, the substitute is expected to complete required personnel forms; return keys and other materials; complete and request signature from the appropriate personnel on the substitute time sheet.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Hold or be eligible for a Colorado Teaching License and/or a 3-5 year Substitute Authorization.
- Colorado State Certification as a Teacher and/or a 3-5 year Substitute Authorization
- Background check required for hire
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
The physical demands & working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to hear and understand speech at normal classroom levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal classrooms, outdoors and on the telephone.
- Regularly required to walk; stand; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Must have the ability to sit and stand for extended periods.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Physical ability to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height; and to bend, stoop, sit on the floor, climb stairs, walk and reach overhead.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus and peripheral vision.
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- May be exposed to poor weather conditions including heat, cold, wet and snow and other outdoor weather conditions.
- The work environment combines standard office setting including some standard office equipment (fax, copier, phone, computer, 10-key, etc.)
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate, but occasionally high depending upon student population and activities.
In order to be considered, please apply online at https://phl.applitrack.com/universityschools/onlineapp and upload the following items as directed by Frontline.
a. copy of CDE Teaching License and/or Substitute Teaching Authorization Certificate
or visit our school website at: https://www.universityschools.com > Departments > Job Opportunities
Position will be open until filled.