JobID 309 : Substitute School Nurse (BSN required) (#1964654)
Eaton School District is looking for a substitute school nurse to fill in on occasion at schools in Eaton School District. The work day will run from 7:30-3:30 with compensation at $150/day. Please direct questions regarding this position to nurse Michelle Been at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitute School Nurse Job Description
- Hold a current unrestricted Colorado State license as a Registered Nurse
- BSN required
- BLS required from either American Heart or Red Cross
- Knowledge of current practices for common childhood illnesses and chronic diseases: asthma management, diabetes, insulin pens and pumps, seizure management, and g-tube feedings/medication.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience in pediatric and/or community or public health nursing preferred.
- Prior experience in school nursing preferred.
Primary Role: To provide health and emergency care to students and staff, promote wellness and serve as a resource for health concerns in the school setting.
- Administer medications and treatments as ordered.
- Provide first aid care for students and staff.
- Administer care based on individual health care plans and emergency care plans.
- Serve as a liaison between home and school regarding student health concerns.
- Documents all encounters.
- Follows state guided communicable disease control procedures.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.