JobID 5348 : Bus Driver (#1964006)
DESCRIPTION: Drive assigned regular education and special needs student bus routes abiding by all federal, state, and district rules and regulations. Manage student conduct and ensure student and vehicle safety without direct supervision.
SALARY: Classified Grade L, $17.77 - $20.43 per hour to start, depending on recent relevant experience. 30 hours per week, Monday through Friday. 9 month work schedule, paid over 12 months. Eligible for benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain complete control of the vehicle and remain alert. Apply additional assigned driving safety measures and evacuation procedures when necessary. Operate bus/vehicle over assigned routes with designated stops and times.
- Maintain proper student control in accordance with district policy and provide discipline as necessary. Contact school administrators and or teacher, paraprofessional, and parents/guardian. Ensure safety of passengers while in route.
- Supervise loading and unloading of all general education and special education passengers. Operate all equipment as needed (e.g., lift, wheelchairs, tie downs, lap belts, car seats etc.) and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Monitor students for any medical or on-going special needs. Be flexible and adaptable to all students.
- Inspect and insure that equipment, instruments, safety devices, and vehicles meet requirements and are operating properly before and after duties. Maintain adequate levels of fuel, engine oil, coolant, and power steering fluid. Responsible for notifying Mechanic of any defect of vehicle.
- Meet with Transportation Paraprofessional to plan and discuss behavior management, emergency evacuation procedures, and medical emergencies while maintaining a professional team relationship with the Paraprofessional.
- Perform pre-trip and post trip vehicle inspections as regulated by state, federal, and district requirements.
- Responsible for operating school vehicle on special trips during weekends or at night when necessary.
- Prepare and submit all necessary records and reports in a timely and acceptable manner. These include, but are not limited to, student misconduct forms, school activity form, log sheets, student counts, and bus maintenance/repair forms.
- Responsible for updating route sheets accordingly, submitting necessary records, and keeping an updated student list in emergency folder.
- Responsible for maintaining interior and exterior cleanliness of assigned vehicle.
- Report emergencies, breakdowns, delays, and/or accidents to Transportation Dispatcher or supervisor.
- Attend safety and department meetings as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have held a valid driver's license for a minimum of 2 years.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and pass a post offer, pre-employment physical.
- Ability to work with students and students with special needs.
- Ability to appropriately manage student behavior and make quick decisions in stressful conditions.
- Must be able to pass a post offer, pre-employment physical.
- Must be able to pass a Colorado and Federal Bureau of Investigation background check.
- No experience required.
- Experience working with children and previous truck or bus driving experience preferred.
- Must obtain commercial driver's license (CDL), Department of Transportation physical exam, and "B" License with P2-S endorsement upon completion of district training.
- First Aid and CPR certifications required within 90 days after hire.
- Operating knowledge of various school buses/vehicles, handicap transportation equipment, two-way radio, fire extinguisher, and emergency equipment required within two weeks after hire and licensing.
All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
Check us out! Join us for our annual 27J Job Fair
Reserve a spot today: LINK to SIGN UP
Location: Riverdale Ridge High School
Date: April 4th, 2020
Find us at area job fairs as “Brighton - 27J Schools”