JobID 1121 : Route Driver (#1962143)
Cañon City School District Fremont RE-1 is accepting applications for ROUTE DRIVER. Pay is based on the Crafts/Trades/Custodial/Transportation Salary Schedule (T8, Level A-C). Placement is based on experience. The position requires the following:
- Possess Commercial Driver License (CDL) or be willing to acquire a CDL with training and testing provided by the school district. Prefer CDL with P & S endorsements.
- High School Graduate
- Possess at least one (1) year job-related experience
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must possess defensive driving skills and effective communication skills
- Knowledge of District organization, policies and procedures
- Pass pre-employment screening physical
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Support for mission and goals of the District in developing compassionate, responsible, independent and productive citizens is critical
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language and comply with directions and instructions to complete task and establish priorities.
- Possess skills to be able to utilize basic technology as directed by the District to communicate and function effectively as a 21st century employee.
- Operates assigned school bus in compliance with procedures contained in the District’s policy and procedures, including all local, state and federal laws
- Performs daily pre and post route safety inspections on assigned vehicle
- Services vehicle as required
- Maintains student conduct that insures the safety of all students
- Assists students with boarding and exiting the bus as necessary
- Coordinates with dispatch and scheduling personnel to insure all required information is current and accurate
- Completes appropriate paperwork in a timely manner
- Attends training programs, meetings and in-services as required by the District or the state.
- Administers first aid as necessary
- Reports all accidents/incidents immediately to transportation management or appropriate authorities
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language and comply with directions and instructions to complete tasks and establish priorities
- Physical strength and coordination to lift 50 pounds and operate the equipment listed
- Inside and outside work environments, which may include inclement weather
- Ability to work cooperatively in a school atmosphere with staff members, students and the public
Nondiscrimination/Equal OpportunityIn compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, School District Fremont RE-1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. Complaints may be filed verbally, in writing or anonymously. If you wish to file a complaint using the district complaint form, please submit to: Mrs. Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, Title IX, Section 504, and Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, 101 North 14th Street, Cañon City, Colorado 81212 – Telephone: (719)276-5700