Visual Impairment Specialist -- 20/21 school year
Supervisor: Ms. Kimberly Judge, Director of Special Education
Employment Period: 10 months
Employment Status: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: August 2020
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate vision needs and provide strategies for low vision and blind students, as needed.
- Develop and implement IEPs.
- Develop and maintain required records and reports.
- Follow procedures, practices, materials and equipment usage required to provide appropriate learning experiences for assigned students (which may include Braille, abacus, etc).
- Performs related duties as required.
- Collegiate Professional or Postgraduate Professional License with an endorsement in Visual Impairments; Orientation & Mobility Certification preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with professionals, parents and other community members, both orally and in writing.
- Must demonstrate organizational, planning and human relations skills.
You may apply anytime before midnight on the closing date. Please upload the following documents:
- Resume (required to be uploaded)
- Reference forms completed by all persons listed as references (minimum of two)
- License (if issued)
Hampton City Schools does not discriminate in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability or other protected class. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: