JobID 2910 : Instructional Assistant-Student Services (#1954968)
POSITION: Instructional Assistant-Student Services (JHHS) 37.5 hrs./wk. Grade 4 Effective January 16, 2020
ASSIGNMENT: 10 Month
This work involves close interaction with staff, students and parents/guardians, with the primary emphasis on the implementation of specialized or vocational educational programs. An Instructional Assistant works under the direction of a licensed teacher. An employee in this position is expected to exercise independent judgment, discretion,a high degree of confidentiality and react appropriately in crisis situations as well as exhibit initiative, creativity and organizational skills.
· Must have or obtain State and NCLB Approved Paraprofessional designation in accordance with Illinois State Board of Education requirements.
· Must demonstrate appropriate interpersonal skills.
· Must project a positive image of the district to the public, parents, staff and students as well as exhibit a positive employee attitude.
· Must move around in the classroom and other parts of the building as well as on field trips as needed.
· Must have previous experience working with youth.
· Must have ability to adapt to all subject areas.
· Must have knowledge of computer operations.
· May need a valid driver's license.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs such as with students needing assistance.
1. Assists students under the direction of licensed staff by:
- implementing classroom procedures and reinforcing student's positive behavior
- administering tests orally to students
- reinforcing organizational and note taking skills
- grading materials for immediate feedback
- demonstrating use of the computer for both drill and remediation as well as homework assignments
- helping the student achieve his/her IEP goals
- assisting, as needed, with students' non-medical physical needs or personal care/toileting needs*
- helping organize and supervise off-campus programs for students
- performing classroom related clerical tasks
- assisting with lab set-up and clean-up
- explaining classroom procedures and materials to substitute teacher when necessary
- previewing instructional materials
- acting as a liaison to communicate student progress
3. Continues job performance enhancement by participating in appropriate professional growth activities.
*Those hired prior to 10/1/2010 with thejob title Instructional Assistant Special Education/Vanguard/Alternative Education are exempt from this requirement.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Apply online.
Click on the red "APPLY" button to begin an online application.
Please be aware that as a requirement of your application you will be invited to complete a digital interview via RIVS. The invitation will come to your email and the RIVS system gives you five (5) calendar days to complete the interview from the time the invitation is issued. Keep in mind that the interview must be completed before you can submit your application, even if the interview expiration is beyond the date of the application deadline. Therefore, all your application materials, interview included, must be submitted by the application deadline.
The current RIVS interview cycle began in March 2017. If you previously completed this interview it is still valid and satisfies the digital interview requirement for submission of application.
If you previously received an invitation and didn’t complete the interview you will need to request an extension. Please email email@example.com to request an extension.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our district.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.