JobID 4675 : Instructional Coach (#1954271)
Job | Posted 2 months ago
For 2019-2020 School Year
184 work day calender
- Promote excellence and continuous improvement in instruction by providing leadership and support of standards-based curriculum and instruction.
- Coordinate the implementation of curriculum at the building level
- Provide ongoing coaching and modeling of effective instructional and assessment strategies.
- Assist staff in developing effective classroom management strategies.
- Provide expertise in district and state assessments to include administration, training, facilitating dialogue about results with staff and planning for improvements.
- Assist with instructional planning and the identification of resources to meet the diverse needs of students as identified by district and state assessment data.
- Work with small groups of students to improve skills through strategic interventions.
- Conduct and/or facilitate professional development activities in the content area for staff and activities for parents and students.
- Coordinate district and state assessments at assigned buildings.
- Continue professional growth and developments through on-line courses, professional training from various sources.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervisor/administrator.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree or equivalent advanced training preferred.
- Valid Colorado Teaching License with appropriate content endorsement.
- Over 3 years experience as a Secondary Teacher
- Knowledge of content standards and various types of assessments with an emphasis in the applicable content area.
- Awareness of current research/best practices (with an emphasis in the applicable content area) and ability to translate these into classroom practice.
- Demonstrate competence with a wide range of instructional strategies.
- Demonstrate successful use of specific intervention strategies.
- Demonstrate flexibility with the integration of content in a standards-based system.
- Develop and maintain positive, productive and collaborative relationships with colleagues and parents.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Criminal background check and District fingerprinting required.
Must apply online at www.hsd2.org and set up application file. Once you have completed your file, you must apply for each vacancy from the website that is of interest to you to be considered a candidate.
Harrison School District No. 2
1060 HARRISON ROAD, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80905-3586
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415