JobID 9473 : CPK Food Production Assistant (#1954233)
CPK Food Production Assistant, Nutrition
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Classified Schedule/ Nutrition/ Range 8
Reports to: Area nutrition supervisor
Contract Length/ Days: (2019-2020/ 175 Days)
Date Posted: December 10, 2019
Deadline for application: Until-Filled (Applicant screening will begin no later than 12/17/2019. Applications are still accepted until the position is filled; however, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible)
Any other combination of education, experience, and training.
ServSafe Certificate within 12 months of employment.
A classified position assigned in the Nutrition Department's Central Production Kitchen. Primary job functions involve the use of standardized recipes to prepare made from scratch foods and bakery items.
- Cook/Bake nutritious and safe foods from standardized recipes for satellite kitchens. Slice meats.
- Check and record temperatures on coolers and products.
- Wash serving trays, utensils, dishes, pans, etc., used in food preparation or service.
- Mop and clean kitchen work area, and clean other equipment and facilities as required. Maintain sanitary, safe, and orderly work area.
- Record and track the use of food, supplies, and labor used to produce the finished product.
- Work in a school cafeteria as needed as a server and/or cashier, collect and account for money, make change for customers, serves customers, maintain orderly food service line, deal with or report discipline issues.
- Adjust quantities of ingredients to accurately provide proper amounts of food.
- Portion food correctly to meet federal, state, and departmental guidelines. Package products in correct quantities.
- Operate various types of equipment used in food preparation or cleaning.
- Assist in stocking storage areas with food and non-food supplies following the First In, First Out (FIFO) procedure.
- Assist in taking inventory of food and non-food supplies.
- Assist with new employee training as needed.
- Accurately record food quantities on the production worksheets.
- Ensure all safety and sanitation procedures are followed by self and staff.
- Attend training programs and workshops
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Ability to sit for long periods of time, numerous distractions, visual, auditory and ambulatory acuity important
Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org
Ability to read, write and understand English verbal and written instructions. Attention to detail, basic math, interpersonal, and basic communication skills. Ability to deal with children and children with special needs. Operational knowledge of institutional kitchen equipment within two months after hire. Regularly required to communicate, coordinate, and use interpersonal skills. Frequently required to compare, analyze, and instruct. Occasionally required to copy, compile, and negotiate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.