JobID 5738 : 19 - Speech Language Pathologist - Hourly (#1948308)
This position is for the 2019-2020 School Year
Hourly SLP's will work approximately 20 hours or less per week and will not be benefit eligible. Hourly rate of pay will be based on the current contracted amount for benefited SLP's.
Master's degree or higher
Colorado Department of Education - Colorado Special Services License with Speech/Language Pathologist endorsement
- American Speech and Hearing Association assessment certification or willing to obtain appropriate ASHA certificate
- Identification of students with speech or language disabilities
- Able to diagnose and appraise specific speech or language disabilities
- Able to refer for medical or other professional attention necessary for the habilitation of speech or language disabilities
- Able to provide speech and language services for the habilitation or prevention of communicative disabilities
- Able to provide consultation, collaboration, and guidance to parents, teachers, and students regarding speech and language disabilities
- Attendance and involvement in staffings, annual reviews, and triennial reviews, in compliance with Federal and State rules and regulations
- Responsible for the establishment, maintenance, revision, and review of assessments, reports, goals and objectives, for students identified and served with speech and language disabilities
- Willingness to collaborate within general education classrooms
- Willingness to perform any and all other responsibilities as assigned by the Director
We currently have an SLP position available. If you are looking for a change of pace with beautiful views and outdoor living options, join Pueblo City School District's dynamic team of Speech-Language Pathologists! PCS offers SLP's manageable caseload sizes with diverse needs. And, we are happy to support you during your CFY. Pueblo, the "biggest little city" in Colorado, offers the lowest cost of living along the Front Range. Located along Interstate-25, only 90 minutes south of Denver and 30 minutes south of Colorado Springs, Pueblo is known for its delicious green chile, home of the Colorado State Fair, Historical Arkansas Riverwalk, Lake Pueblo State Park, and the "Home of Heroes." Come join us in this fabulous city! Below are a few links for you to see what Pueblo is all about:
www.pueblochamber.org, http://pueblolatinochamber.com, www.sdc-arts.org, www.puebloarts.org,
Instructions for Applying:
All applicants interested in and qualified for the posted position must submit an online application. Applications that are incomplete (not submitted) will not forwarded to the hiring administrator for review. The following will need to be uploaded with the application: current cover letter; current resume; copy of special service license; copy of transcripts; and three current letters of reference (one of which must be from your current supervisor and all within two years).
Please note: If hired, a new hire packet will be emailed and must be completed prior to processing. Fingerprints will be required for all employees of Pueblo City Schools prior to your processing date.
Pueblo School District No. 60 does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, national origin, religion, ancestry, age, disability, need for special education services, genetic information, pregnancy or childbirth status, or other status protected by law in admission, access to, treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities. Additionally, a lack of English language skills is not a barrier to admission or participation in activities. The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Eric DeCesaro, EEO/Affirmative Action/Title IX/Section 504 Compliance Officer for complaints involving employees, and Cheryl Madrill, Title IX Compliance Officer for complaints involving students. Both individuals can be located at 315 West 11th Street, Pueblo, Colorado 81003, (719) 549-7100. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. (Policy AC, AC-R).
Si tiene alguna pregunta sobre esta información, por favor llame a la escuela de su niño.