South Ogden Jr. - (5.75 hrs.) Jr High Life Skills Sp Ed Paraeducator (#1947116)
Special Education Jr. High Life Skills (Severe) Paraeducator
A position has been declared open in the Weber School District for a Special Education Paraeducator - Jr High Life Skills (Severe). This position is for 5.75 hours per day, 180 days per year. Weber District employees may send a resume to the school principal directly. Applicants outside the District may apply on Teachers-Teachers.com. Files will be reviewed before interviews are scheduled.
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED, AFTER A MINIMUM OF 5 WORKING DAYS
The job of Special Education Paraeducator - Jr. High Life Skills (Severe) was established for the purpose/s of assisting assigned teaching personnel in the supervision and instruction of special education students; performing classroom clerical tasks; and assisting students by meeting personal care and special health care needs, in addition to developing students' academic, daily living and behavioral skills. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, engaging in the following activities with support and direction:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adapts classroom work under the direction of the teacher for the purpose of providing a method to support and/or reinforce lesson plans.
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
• Implements under the supervision of the teacher, instructional behavioral programs in accordance with lesson plans for the purpose of assisting the teacher in improving students' academic success through a defined course of study.
• Confers with parents for the purpose of assisting in evaluation of students' progress and/or implementing students' objectives as requested.
• Assists in maintaining students' files/records for the purpose of documenting activities and/or providing reliable information, i.e. data collection.
• Monitors individual students in classroom, library, lunch room, etc. for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
• Maintains students' files/records for the purpose of documenting activities and/or providing reliable information.
• Performs record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, etc.) for the purpose of supporting the teacher and/or administrator in providing records/materials.
• Assists with daily living skills (e.g. toileting, changing diapers, feeding, personal hygiene, etc.) for the purpose of demonstrating skills and/or providing needed care.
• Must be able to adapt to changing work priorities; displaying tact and courtesy; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; being attentive to detail; and working with detailed information/data. • Regular attendance at work is critical.
Basic Physical Requirements:
• Must be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, bending, standing, and sitting in student-size chairs) for extended periods of time • Safely manage physical or verbally aggressive students.
• Participate with students in physical fitness activities including walking, stretching, and aerobic exercise. • Lift occasionally up to 60 lbs. to a height of 36 inches and frequently up to 25 lbs. to a height of 36 inches. • Sanitize and clean equipment (work boxes, exercise equipment, walkers, wheelchairs, etc.) • Remain calm and follow safety procedures in emergency situations. • Walk with students to bus stops in inclement weather and train students to use public transportation.
• Willing to participate in and utilize MANDT training. • May require working with bio-hazards (blood borne pathogens, human waste, cleaning/disinfecting materials, etc.)
Experience/Education: • High School diploma or equivalent • Must have 2 years of college, or a bachelor degree, or ParaPro Praxis (if Title I school) • Job-related experience preferred
WEBER SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER