Library Media Teacher (updated 7/1)
Job | Posted a month ago
|Locations:||Andrews PK8 School|
|Employment Period:||10 months|
|Start Date:||August 2020|
|Salary:||Teacher scale -- commensurate with experience|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes independent, self-reliant library use through sequential library skills instruction that is integrated with classroom curriculum, Standards Of Learning and special projects.
- Teaches students how to access, evaluate and use information.
- Instructs and assists students and teachers in accessing electronic information, usage of automated card catalog and other multimedia equipment.
- Provides reading guidance that will stimulate students to use library materials to meet their academic needs, problems, interests, abilities, and hobbies.
- Collaborates within a professional learning community in order to nurture and sustain a school culture and instructional program conducive to accelerated student achievement.
- Participates effectively in the school program by providing materials and service appropriate to the objectives and needs of education.
- Protects intellectual freedom of students and staff pursuant to school division regulations regarding censorship and access to information.
- Develops objectives of the library program which support the objectives of the school and school division.
- Works in an organized program to deliver curriculum designed for all students to achieve mastery of the VDOE Computer Technology SOLs.
- Maintains a library environment that motivates and allows students and teachers to attain objectives.
- Maintains an appropriate library collection through careful selection, ordering, and weeding in accordance with approved selection policies.
- Plans a budget using allocated funds and adheres to local regulations regarding electronic database.
- Organizes print and non-print materials and audio-visual equipment through a city-wide approved system of cataloging and classifying.
- Supports the digital learning program by assisting in managing work orders and inventory of student devices.
- Maintains a willingness to provide technology support to students and teachers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess or be eligible for a Collegiate Professional, Postgraduate Professional, or Provisional license issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia with an endorsement in Library Media.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and human relations skills.
- Good knowledge of content, curriculum, methods and materials.
- Ability to plan and implement lessons based on division and school objectives and the needs and abilities of children.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, peers, and parents.
You may apply anytime before midnight on the closing date. Please upload the following documents:
- Teaching License. If no teaching license, please upload unofficial transcripts and test scores (Praxis II, VCLA).
- Most recent performance evaluation. Please upload student teaching evaluation if new to the profession.
Hampton City Schools does not discriminate in employment against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability or other protected class. Personnel decisions are based on merit and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Executive Director of Human Resources, One Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669; (757) 727-2300Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
Hampton City Schools
One Franklin Street, Hampton, VA 23669
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $11,724
% ELL Students
State Average: 9%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 14.22
% IEP Students
State Average: 13%
State Average: 801