JobID 3726 : Northern Star Online (NSO) Teacher (#1942793)
Interested in working in an innovative teaching environment? Always wanted to teach an online class?
Intermediate District 287 is looking for qualified candidates to teach as part-time Online Teachers for our growing Northern Star Online (NSO) program! Northern Star Online (NSO) is a collaborative of 15 independent school districts and four educational service agencies. Our goal is to educate secondary students to be lifelong learners by providing high-quality online courses and learning experiences that permit the learner to renew, accelerate, and/or personalize their learning at any time and in any place.
In this role, you will:
- Provide instruction to children, adolescents, and adults
- Develop and implement curriculum and lesson plans
- Utilize technology to excite students and meet their needs
- Understand the needs of a diverse student population with varying learning styles
- Build connections and engage with students and families online
- Work flexible hours
- Work part-time for 287 online
- Pay is based on student enrollment and completed semester credits
- Open to a wide variety of subjects in General Education - High School!
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Interested in candidates who are: diverse, bilingual, or have experience working with diverse populations.
- Current teaching license issued by PELSB
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience with digital curriculum and online teaching preferred
Commitment to Equity: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
Learn More About 287!