JobID 1380 : Principal - Bridges High School (Carbondale) (#1939242)
Principal - Bridges High School
The Roaring Fork School District is seeking applications for an experienced, self-directed, innovative leader to to serve as the Principal for Bridges High School. Bridges High School is an alternative high school, located in Carbondale Colorado, serves a diverse student population of ~80 students. The Principal will lead and support a dynamic team to improve academic achievement, growth and character education.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate significant skill and experience in:
- Implementing the vision, mission, values, expectations and goals of Bridges High School
- Creating trust and working collaboratively in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
- Developing and applying strategic plans, and employing data-driven analyses and decision-making
- Identifying and promoting effective instructional practices
- Applying top-notch interpersonal skills, including public speaking, bilingual preferred
- Recruiting, hiring, coaching, and evaluating a wide range of personnel
- Leading a diverse school in the successful attainment of ambitious student achievement goals
- Understanding and successfully closing student achievement gaps
- Creating an atmosphere that reflects student ownership of academic and character development
- Participating as a team member while also leading
- Understanding and leading the student success process (RtI, MTSS)
Candidates should have experience as an educator in a secondary setting as well as leadership experience. Requires the ability to obtain and maintain an appropriate license through CDE for the position of High School Principal.
Start Date: July 1, 2020
Salary: Starting Salay $81,261 - Commensurate with years of experience
RFSD is located in the Roaring Fork Valley on the western slope of Colorado amidst the majestic Elk Mountain Range, the waters of the Roaring Fork, Crystal and Colorado rivers, and the commanding presence of Mount Sopris. We are 13 schools with over 5,500 students in the communities of Glenwood Springs, Basalt and Carbondale.