JobID 5323 : Coach for Vikan Middle School (#1938548)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
Coach position at Vikant Middle School.
Candidate will assume the role of Coach and direct or help direct an athletic program. All coaches report to the Athletic Director who oversees the athletic program.
Responsibilities for Coaches may include:
- Supervision and coaching of student athletes at all levels of the program.
- Work closely with all assistant and volunteer coaches.
- Communicate with the athletic director and athletic secretary about student athlete's needs, incidents, and all concerns related to the program.
- Assist with fund raisers, camps, awards banquet, etc.
- Direct/supervise instructional and conditioning camps throughout the year.
- Communicate with coaching staff, athletes, parents and the community.
- Promote the student athlete and assist with academic eligibility required.
- Will follow league, district and CHSAA policies and regulations.
- Previous coaching experience in chosen sport required.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the skills involved with chosen sport.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Have, or have the ability to obtain, certification through CHSAA.
REPORTS TO ATHLETIC DIRECTOR ///// SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT ///// DIRECT BANKING REQUIRED ///// AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER /////27J SCHOOLS NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION. No otherwise qualified student, employee, applicant for employment or member of the public shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination under any district program or activity on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, disability or need for special education services. Discrimination against employees and applicants for employment based on age and genetic information is also prohibited in accordance with state and/or federal law. Any person having inquiries concerning the District’s non-discrimination policies should contact: General Counsel, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601, (303) 655-2900 for inquiries regarding Section 504 and the ADA. Contact Chief Human Resources Officer, 27J Schools, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601.
Brighton School District No. 27J
18551 EAST 160TH AVENUE, BRIGHTON, CO 80601-3295
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415