JobID 1197 : Wrestling Coach (#1935445)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
|POSITION:||Athletic Head Coach|
|RESPONSIBLE TO:||Athletic Director|
|Abides by and supports the vision, mission, values, policies and procedures of Chavez/Huerta Preparatory Academy (CHPA). The Athletic Head Coach instructs athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the coach must instruct and demonstrate behaviors that lead to socially acceptable character development, self discipline, self confidence, and pride of accomplishment in the student athletes.
|JOB DUTIES / KNOWLEDGE PERFORMANCE|
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Has a thorough knowledge of all the athletic policies approved by the CHPA Board of Directors and is responsible for their implementation by the entire staff of the sports program.
2. Has knowledge of existing CHPA, state and league regulations; implements same consistently and interprets them for staff and student athletes.
3. Establishes the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught by staff. Designs conferences, clinics and staff meetings to insure staff awareness of overall program.
4. Trains and informs staff.
5. Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation and, at season’s end, analyzes staff effectiveness and evaluates all assistants.
6. Assists the athletic director in scheduling, providing transportation and requirements for tournament and special sport events. All High School Head Coaches are required to do a minimum of 2 hours in the office, on campus per week.
7. Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
8. Provides documentation to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent and eligibility.
9. Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
10. Serves as a mentor to each athlete to promote the development and demonstration in student athletes the character traits of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship.
11. Gives constant attention to a student athlete’s grades and conduct.
12. By his/her presence at all practices games and while traveling, provides assistance, guidance and safeguards for each participant.
13. Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is considered a participant.
14. Initiates programs and policies concerning injuries, medical attention and emergencies.
15. Completes paperwork on all disabling athletic injuries on proper forms and submits to athletic office within 24 hours.
16. Directs student managers, assistants and statisticians.
17. Determines discipline, delineates procedures concerning due process when the enforcement of discipline is necessary and contracts parents when a student is dropped or becomes ineligible.