JobID 3984 : Middle School Learning Specialist- Special Education Math Focus (#1935437)
Special Education - Generalist License Required
- Possess background in standards-based instruction, knowledge of a balanced literacy model with adaptations for special needs and the implementation of IEPs within this framewor
- Must be skilled in current practices to evaluate, diagnose, and prescribe appropriate learning activities for students with disabilities.
- Must have well-developed creative problem solving skills to provide strategies for student success, with an emphasis on affective needs, as well as cognitive needs.
- Must be trained in or willing to be trained in a method of crisis management and assume a crisis team leadership role.
- Must have sophisticated skills in developing and implementing individual education plans (I.E.P.s).
- Must have knowledge and/or experience in an inclusive practices model of special education
- Must be willing to collaborate with general education teachers on a daily basis or an interdisciplinary team.
- Bilingual Spanish skills desired.
- Design instruction to support individual needs of students with disabilities.
- Collaborate with general and special education staff.
- Assist with Response to Intervention.
- Demonstrate skills in literacy instructional strategies including diagnosis and prescription of appropriate interventions and supports.
- Possess a philosophy based on a positive discipline approach; demonstrate knowledge of strategies to support this.
- Understand a wide variety of learning challenges including learning disabilities, emotional disabilities and developmental disabilities.
- Plan instruction using a functional approach as identified for specific student's needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Per the Certified Employee salary schedule. To view current Adams 14 salary schedules, please click here. Adams County School District 14 is a direct deposit employer.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled.
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.