JobID 10102 : B.A.S.E. Camp Teacher (#1934403)
Job | Posted 3 months ago
Interested candidates should email Lauren.Wheaton@
imaginefirestone.org to apply
General Position DescriptionThis position will generally work after school between the hours of 3:00 p.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday while the students are in session, as well as some full days during teacher workdays. Work location will be both inside and outside unless inclement weather necessitates staying indoors. This position can work with Kindergarten thru 8th grade.
The School Age Leader Assistant/Aide supports the School Age Classroom Leaders and the School Age Program Director by helping to create a caring and safe environment for the children and assisting in activities to improve the overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Assisting the staff in implementing a quality school age educational program and in developing positive relationships with the children and their parents, the School Age Leader Assistant observes and documents children’s interest and progress, and relays that information back to parents and staff. School Age Leader Assistants are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children’s interests and needs under the direction of the School Age Classroom Leader and the School Age Program Director.
This position reports to B.A.S.E Camp at Imagine Firestone Director, Lauren Wheaton
- Assist in the implementation of school age program activities and encourage participation by children.
- Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
- Maintain frequent communication with parents through informal discussions and daily reports.
- Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
- Help ensures smooth, daily transitions for children.
- Follow all program policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age per licensed daycare regulations
- High energy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- An understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and TRAILS.
- Must pass health screening.
- School age credential, High School Diploma or GED, and significant college credit in education or related field of study.
- 15 hours of pre-camp training (excludes late hires)
- 15 hours of continued training throughout the school year.
Physical RequirementsRequirements include the ability to take frequent walks, use hands and fingers, handle objects, tools or controls, talk to and hear voices at many levels. May also be required to kneel, bend, squat or crawl.
A specific vision ability will be required including the ability to see up close and up to a certain distance, to see colors, have peripheral vision and depth perception.
Employment TypePart Time
Wage RangeMinimum wage to 15/hour
St. Vrain Valley School District No. Re1j
395 SOUTH PRATT PARKWAY, LONGMONT, CO 80501
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415