JobID 276 : Long Term Substitute Special Education Paraprofessional (#1933720)
Description: SPECIAL ED PARAPROFESSIONAL Long Term Substitue -Provides academic and behavioral support to students, including those with disabilities, to assist with a wide range of services so they may reach their highest potential within the school setting.
Hourly rate: $12.00
- Provides a safe and supportive environment so students with special needs may fully access their education.
- Accompanies and assists students throughout the school day as necessitated by the IEP, as assigned.
- Provides academic tutoring/remediation, 1:1 or in small group settings under the direction of a certified teacher.
- May transcribe instructional materials into Braille as needed.
- Assists and trains students in all areas of self-care as needed, including feeding, hygiene, dressing, mobility.
- Performs medical tasks as assigned under the direction or instruction of licensed medical providers (nurses, doctors) including, but not limited to catheterizations, care of trachea tubes, gastric tube feeding, etc.
- Maintains required records and files, performs Medicaid billings.
- Performs administrative and clerical duties as assigned (typing, filing, copying, data entry, meeting schedules and material preparation).
- Assists students with organizing activities, scheduling events, processing paperwork and other related activities.
- Assists with instruction of groups (priority): works one-on-one and in small groups with students on specific needs; monitors behaviors for behavior plans. Assists teacher in modifying student assignments as needed.
- Assists with informal student testing/monitoring of objectives (priority) – e.g. sight words, math facts, reading inventories, fluency checks.
- Performs classroom duties: bulletin boards; calendars; organizing/maintaining orderliness of classroom centers.
- May assist with IEP/paperwork on a limited basis.
- May assist in the completion and sending of meeting notice forms, vision/hearing screening forms; creates goals/objectives checklists; distributes teacher input/communication forms.
- Assists with proctoring district and state standardized assessments.
- May grade students work and record student goals/grades onto spreadsheets.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Hold an associate’s degree or be able to meet the state’s standards for highly qualified
- 2 years of experience working with children
- Current CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- AZ Driver’s License
- Finger Print Clearance
- Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that meets minimum requirements