JobID 212 : CEPP Teaching Assistant (#1930986)
Job | Posted 25 days ago
POSITION: TEACHING ASST. ~ CEPP
(29.5 hours per week on voucher, no benefits.)
APPLICANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER
District Expectations for Teacher’s Aide:
- Follow teacher’s program working with students out in the community and in the classroom;
- Demonstrate the ability to instruct students effectively on the job;
- Work cooperatively with all staff to insure a comfortable and pleasant working environment that will be conducive to learning and will encourage safety and good relationships;
- Tutor students in matters of life-skills, employment skills, and basic reading and math skills;
- Demonstrate the ability to and will relate positively with students; staff, parents, and community;
- Maintain confidentiality.
Additional CEPP Expectations for Teacher’s Aides:
- Flexible schedule during school hours;
- Be willing to drive a school bus;
- Help with building security and supervision.
- High School Diploma or educational equivalent required;
- Successful experience working with adults with disabilities.
- Associate degree, 48 semester hours of college credit or must have passed the ParaPro test or be willing to take and pass the test immediately upon hire;
- CDL with applicable bus endorsements, or be willing to take and obtain CDL and endorsements;
- Supported Employment training, or be willing to attend a 3-day workshop to obtain Supported Employment training;
- Must be trained in basic CPR and First Aide or be willing to attend training.
YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE COMPLETE WHEN YOU PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation, including at least one from a direct supervisor (does not have to be a current supervisor), which address your skills at working effectively with students, parents, staff and community members;
- Copies of college transcripts (if applicable).
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE GIVEN PREFERRED CONSIDERATION
Uintah School District
635 W 200 S, Vernal, UT 84078
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $7,571 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 22.85
% IEP Students
State Average: 12%
State Average: 338