JobID 5343 : PMSA Junior Class Sponsor - Class of 2021 (#1930702)
PROVISO MATHEMATICS & SCIENCE ACADEMY
PROVISO TOWNSHIP HIGH SCHOOLS DISTRICT #209
POSITION JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION TITLE: PMSA Junior Class Sponsor - Class of 2021
REPORTS TO: Building Principal, Assistant Principal, Student Activities Coordinator
Required Experience or Training
Broad knowledge of his/her club/activity and its relationship to the whole school
Teaching certification preferred
Time management skills
Ability to work with teens
Willingness to accept responsibility for the tasks of the position
Demonstrated understanding of and compliance with District policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Preferred Experience or Training
Valid Illinois Professional Educators License (Grades 9-12)
General Supervisory/Administrative Endorsement (Formerly known as Type 75)
Previous experience teaching sponsoring a club/activity
Previous high school teaching experience
To perform the duties of organizing, providing and promoting club activities and events.
- Participate in all sponsor meetings with administration and student activities coordinator.
- Participate in all mandatory school student activities events, including Admissions Open House events.
- Organize/supervise events involving students, parents and community
- Adhere to regulations set down by the school board and building administration.
- Promote club/activity; host membership drives, post promotional material, provide regular and ongoing content for website and school/district newsletters.
- Provide a regularly updated calendar of events.
- Work with the Student Activity Coordinator to determine club activities and events, including community service opportunities for members.
- Establish and guide student club leaders.
- Prepare and submit required paperwork/online forms efficiently, accurately, & promptly.
- Stay current with displays and information in common areas and display cases.
- Manage and supervise fundraiser opportunities for club when necessary.
- Expend appropriate time and energies for the betterment of the student activity organization
- Provide effective leadership in club activities and events.
- Organize and effectively lead students to plan and execute club activities and events.
- Obtain supervision for after school club activities and events.
- Schedule and coordinate the use of facilities for the club with the designated building personnel.
- Manage and supervise the use of the facilities during club activities and events.
- Responsible to work within the given budget and keep accurate records of monies used and received.
- Develop and communicate club rules, policies, procedures, and expectations which are consistent with school and department policies and with learning outcomes
- Have necessary material and equipment available and ensure their appropriate use and care
- Provide and distribute necessary club materials and paperwork in an orderly and efficient manner
- Interact with students in ways which are respectful and friendly, and which reflect an understanding of cultural differences
- Provide students feedback on their knowledge and skill within the organization
- Use effective methods to manage student behavior
- Be punctual in arrival times to club meetings, activities and events
- Report promptly student behavior, attendance, and performance to family or guardians
- Stay in regular communications with parents.
- Cooperate with other educational personnel
- Other duties as assigned.