JobID 625 : TITLE 1 TEACHING ASSISTANT (#1927920)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The TITLE 1 Teaching Assistant position is a classified at-will position.
Work Year: 2019-2020 School Year
Work Days: 7.5 hours per day
Work Hours: Varies based upon assignment.
Salary: Beginning salary range for the TITLE 1Teaching Assistant is $12.00 per hour.
Initial placement on the salary scale based upon previous experience in related field.
Benefits: Eligible for PERA Retirement Plan
Sick/Personal days earned at 1 day for every 20 days worked
Full-Time employees are eligible for the District Benefit Package (Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance)
Free employee access to District indoor swimming pool, workout area, and District property that offers hiking, mountain cycling, and a disc golf course
1. Must have ONE of the following: 1. At least 48 credit hours completed at an institute of higher education; OR, 2. An associate's (or higher) degree; OR, 3. Must be able to demonstrate, through a formal State or local academic assessment, knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics. (Testing is administered through the School District.)
2. Clear background reports through fingerprint submission to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and FBI
3. Ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively with staff and administration.
4. Ability to be flexible.
5. Ability to take initiative during instructional activities.
6. Appreciation and acceptance of diversity.
7. Demonstrated effective communication skills.
8. Current First Aid and CPR/AED Certification.
9. Ability to perform all of the job duties listed under "Job Duties and Responsibilities"
REPORTS TO: Site Principal
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The primary function of the TITLE 1 Teaching Assistant is to work with students.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Individual and small group instructional support for reading and math
- Deliver effective instructional strategies
- Other duties as assigned by Principal (ie. recess and/or lunch duty)
All Teaching Assistants must also:
1. Perform work of acceptable quality and quantity.
2. Demonstrate dependability and enthusiasm in performing assigned tasks.
3. Become familiar with and adhere to Board approved School District Policies and regulations.
4. Serve as a positive liaison between the school and the community, while maintaining confidentiality.
5. Demonstrate effective relations with other staff members and work in cooperation with them to achieve positive results.
6. Communicate effectively with students, staff and the public.
7. Demonstrate high personal and professional standards and maintains confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the position.
The Teaching Assistant is evaluated annually by the building Principal. Evaluation is to be based upon fulfillment of duties and responsibilities listed in this job description as determined by observation, review of records and reports, and administrative judgment and effectiveness and quality of services. The employee will participate in the writing of personal goals and objectives which demonstrate the ability to develop professionally.
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Colorado law, the Platte Canyon School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in admissions or access to its programs and services, or employment in the educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures for Title IX and Section 504 have been established for students, parents and employees. Compliance Officers have been assigned to coordinate compliance activities for the District. Written complaints of alleged discrimination should be addressed to one of the following individuals at the Platte Canyon School District, 57393 U.S. Highway 285, Bailey, Colorado 80421.
For employment-related complaints:
Mike Schmidt, Superintendent – District Compliance Officer
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER