JobID 5307 : Nutrition Services Worker I - 4 hours per day (#1925833)
Job Title: Nutritional Services Worker I - Minimum 4 hours per day
Department: Nutrition Services
Reports to: Nutritional Services Manager
• Heat vegetable for serving line using seasonings suggested by the kitchen manager. Clean and cut fresh vegetable and place in serving container
• Ready main dish products for the serving line as instructed by the kitchen manager
• Assist in the completion of baking products for the serving line
• Work efficiently to accomplish tasks within the time frames established by the kitchen manager. Follow written work schedules. Assist others with their assigned tasks so that all work in the kitchen is complete on time
• Maintain high standards of personal hygiene and grooming. Follow dress code. Maintain work area in clean, sanitary manner
• Handle food according to proper sanitation procedures
• Use safety precautions in lifting. Handling knives, equipment, and food products.
• Assist manager with identifying sanitation and safety practices which need attention
• Set up serving line, arranging food and serving utensils as instructed by the kitchen manager
• Fill all condiment dispensers as necessary. Serve food to students in the manner prescribed by the kitchen manager
• Use proper portion control procedures in serving students and adults. Replenish foods as necessary by the kitchen manager
• Store and label excess food properly
• Accept tickets and cash for foods sold and make appropriate change. Record number and type of transactions made while cashiering. Operate cash registers. Sell ala carte item
• Wash, sanitize, and store dishes, tableware, pots and pans, and kitchen utensils. Operate dishwasher properly. Check gauges to see if water is at required temperature. Clean all large kitchen equipment. Wipe and sanitize counters, steam tables, and serving lines with sanitizing solution. Do major cleaning of refrigerators, freezers, stoves, oven, and storeroom as assigned by manager
• Assist manager with efforts to market and promote program. Participate as Nutritional Services team member. Attend professional growth in-service held for Nutritional services personnel
• GED or High School Diploma Required
• Shall have completed the eighth grade or demonstrated equivalent skills such as facility in basic arithmetic, handling money, and the ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Required to obtain First Aid/CPR certification within the first 30 days of hire and maintain certification during course of employment in this position
• Criminal background check required for hire
• No experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Oral and written communication skills; English language skills
• Interpersonal relations skills; Customer service and public relations skills; Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations
• Personal computer and keyboarding skills; Advanced computer hardware and software skills; Operating knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office and Google
• Operating knowledge of and experience with general office equipment, including telephones, copier, fax machine, etc.;
• Knowledge of operating, installing, supporting and maintaining PCs and associated application software preferred at hire
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Bilingual oral and written communication skills preferred
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions; Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Speaks to students, parents, colleagues, and community with respect and dignity.
• Uses team concepts to plan, problem solve, and share space, equipment, resources, and knowledge with coworkers; supports the ideas, efforts, and accomplishments of others
• Recognizes opportunities for improvement and/or implements improved methods within the limits of authority; adapts to changes in responsibilities and work schedule with a positive attitude
• Dresses appropriately for work requirements
• Maintains consistent, regular attendance at work; arrives and leaves work at scheduled times; respects time limits on breaks; and follows district procedures for absence reporting
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
• Constantly required to reach, handle, reach 30” to 59”, finger, fell, push, pull; lift from arm level (anything over 40 lbs. requires a two person lift); use hands to pinch, grasp, manipulate small objects, manipulate large objects, feel; talk in person, talk with public, hear in person, full hearing required; communicate verbally, understand verbal communication, communicate with coworkers; twist of head, twist of back, smell; interact with public or coworkers in person, communicate with coworkers and supervisors, interact effectively in group situations, accept supervisor authority, make independent decisions; work indoors.
• Frequently required to stoop, crouch, reach over 60”, reach below 29”, reach to floor; carry up to 34 lbs.; lift floor to chair level up to 34 lbs.; lift desk to chair level up to 34 lbs., lift from floor; lift above shoulder level up to 24 lbs.; hold object in palm of hands; communicate with public; read, measure, two hand control; taste; work in varying temperatures.
• Occasionally required to bend, climb, balance, kneel; carry up to 74 lbs. (anything over 40 pounds requires two person lift).; lift floor to chair level up to 74 lbs. (anything over 40 pounds requires two person lift).; lift desk to chair up to 50 lbs. (anything over 40 pounds requires two person lift); lift above shoulder level up to 34 lbs.; use hands to type on a keyboard and write; talk on phone, hear on phone; left hand control, right hand control; work indoors and outdoors.
Employee may have to encounter: steps, narrow aisles, slick floors, concrete floors, steep grades, uneven surface, ground level entrance, parking, curb ramps and walks, ramps, handrails for stairways, table heights, wet/humid conditions, drafts, fumes, odors, dust, poor ventilation, gases, noise/vibration. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: near vision, midrange vision, far vision, depth perception, visual accommodation, color vision and field vision.
174 days per year.
Minimum 4 hours per day.
School location and hours to be determined.
Salary $12.22 per hour.
This position is eligible for benefits.