JobID 5309 : Nutrition Services Assistant Manager - 5 hours (#1925387)
Job | Posted 7 days ago
- Prepare and cook large quantities of food for institutions, such as schools, hospitals, or cafeterias.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of salads, salad dressings, fruits, vegetables, desserts, and other food products following approved procedures and recipes closely to achieve standardized results.
- Handle food according to proper sanitation procedures.
- Use institutional Nutrition Services equipment such as meat slicers, mixers, mixer grinding attachments, steamers, steam kettles, ranges, convection ovens, other food preparation, and ware washing equipment.
- Clean and sanitize all work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, silverware refrigerators, freezers, stoves, oven, and storeroom as assigned by manager.. Operate dishwasher properly. Check gauges to see if water is at required temperature.
- Identify sanitation and safety practices which need attention.
- Record temperatures of food prepared as well as number of servings prepared and delivered to service location.
- Accept tickets and cash for food sold and make appropriate change. Record number and type of transactions made while cashiering. Operate cash registers. Sell à la carte items.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Annual continuing education or training required.
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license.
- No experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Assist manager with efforts to market and promote program. Participate as Nutrition Services team member.
- Attend professional growth in-service held for Nutrition Services personnel.
- Work efficiently to accomplish tasks within the time frame established by manager. Follow written work schedules. Assist others with their assigned tasks so that all work in the kitchen is completed on time.
- Oral and written communication skills; English language skills
- Interpersonal relations skills; Customer service and public relations skills; Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations
- Speaks to students, parents, colleagues, and community with respect and dignity.
- Uses team concepts to plan, problem solve, and share space, equipment, resources, and knowledge with coworkers; supports the ideas, efforts, and accomplishments of others.
- Recognizes opportunities for improvement and/or implements improved methods within the limits of authority; adapts to changes in responsibilities and work schedule with a positive attitude.
- Dresses appropriately for work requirements.
- Maintains consistent, regular attendance at work; arrives and leaves work at scheduled times; respects time limits on breaks and lunch periods; and follows district procedures for absence reporting.
- Promotes and follows Board of Education policies, building or department procedures, and any other rules and regulations as may be established by central, building, or department administration
- Daily contact with students, instructional staff, classified staff, building administrators, and parents.
Safety to Self & Others
- Use safety precautions in lifting, handling knives, equipment, and food products.
- In order to safely perform this position, you must familiarize yourself with the safety rules of your job and participate in all safety training provided by your building. You must wear personal protective equipment whenever required, ask for assistance if the task requires more than one person and, if you're unsure how to perform a task safely, stop and ask your supervisor for instruction before continuing.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- constantly required to use hands and fingers to reach, handle, finger, feel, push and/or pull, manipulate large objects; talk and hear in person with students, families and colleagues; twisting of head and/or back; and smelling.
- frequently required to work indoors; stoop, kneel, crouch, reach over 60 inches, reach below 29 inches; carry up to 34 pounds; lift floor to chair up to 34 pounds; lift above shoulder level up to 24 pounds; read and measure.
- occasionally required to climb, balance, reach to floor; carry up to 50 pounds; lift floor to chair up to 50 pounds; lift above shoulder level up to 34 pounds; use hands to write; talk and hear on the phone; and left and right hand control.
- Employee may have to encounter: steps, slick floors, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, odors, dust, and noise/vibration. Specific vision abilities required by this job include near and midrange vision, depth perception, visual accommodation, color vision and field vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. 175 days per year.
5 hours per day.
School location to be determined.
Salary $13.438 per hour.
This position is eligible for benefits.
Littleton School District No. 6
5776 SOUTH CROCKER STREET, LITTLETON, CO 80120
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415