JobID 303 : Paraprofessional – Special Education High School Significant Needs (#1924905)
The Academy, a charter school in Westminster, is seeking one full-time Paraprofessional to support individual students in The Academy’s special education program to be successful within a highly modified and supported learning environment. Under the guidance of licensed special education staff, assist students with severe special education needs by helping individuals or small groups of students with curriculum, implementing programming, generalizing learned skills, implementing behavior and social/emotional strategies, and assisting in data collection. Provide physical care for students as needed. Must meet the No Child Left Behind Requirements, which are: AA or 2-year college degree, OR, completion of 48 college semester hours, OR passing of the State CDE approved paraprofessional examination.
The online application should include a cover letter, resume, current certifications and two current letters of recommendation; no calls please.
- Pay is commensurate with education and experience
- Hourly rate is $14.00 per hour depending on experience and education
- Work hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Work starts ASAP; school year ends May 21, 2020
- Work student contact days. Additional workdays at the beginning and end of the school year may be required based on school needs
- Responsibility to verify experience rests with employee