JobID 1116 : Special Education Paraprofessional/Crosswalk Guard (#1923036)
Cañon City School District Fremont RE-1 is accepting applications for an ELEMENTARY SPECIAL EDUCATION PARAPROFESSIONAL/CROSSWALK GUARD at Harrison K-8 School for the remainder of 2019/2020 school year. Position start date is January 6, 2020. Pay is based on the Instructional Support Salary Schedule (P5, Level A-C). Placement is based on experience.
- Paraprofessionals must meet proficiency on paraprofessional assessment or possess an AA Degree or the equivalency of two years of undergraduate college classes (approximately 48 hours)
- Ability to work cooperatively in a school atmosphere with staff members, students and the public
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language and comply with directions and instructions to complete tasks and establish priorities.
- Must pass background check
- Physical strength and coordination to stand in all weather conditions and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to maintain control under pressure
- MANDT Training to be completed as scheduled upon hire
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Possess adequate vision and hearing
- Pass pre-employment physical
Position Duties Include:
- Demonstrate reliability in all work situations
- Present a professional appearance personally and in the work area
- Promote and maintain positive working relationships with peers, students, parents and the public
- Be knowledgeable about the job
- Always strive to stay on task and produce high quality work
- Model the District's Mission and Belief Statements
- Under the direction of the supervising teacher, implement schedules and routines, work 1-to-1, in small groups or in full classroom settings, complete and perform clerical tasks, and support school-wide and classroom management plans
- Meet the educational, physical and emotional needs of students assigned
- Possess skills to be able to utilize basic technology as directed by the District to communicate and function effectively as a 21st century employee.
- Assist with supervisory, clerical or other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with a variety of students with special needs
- May include outside supervision in inclement weather
Inquiries: Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, Cañon City Schools, 101 N. 14th St., Cañon City, CO 81212 (719) 276-5700. Applications must be complete to be considered. OPEN UNTIL FILLED. However, screening of completed applications will begin on Monday, November 18, 2019.
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, School District Fremont RE-1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. Complaints may be filed verbally, in writing or anonymously. If you wish to file a complaint using the district complaint form, please submit to: Mrs. Misty Manchester, Director of Human Resources, Title IX, Section 504, and Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, 101 North 14th Street, Cañon City, Colorado 81212 – Telephone: (719)276-5700