JobID 4898 : Preschool Assistant Teacher- Chandler- 2019-2020 School Year (#1921504)
Posted a month ago
General Position InformationPosition Title: Preschool Teacher Assistant
Position Department/Campus: Supports Approved LTS Campuses
Reports To: Community Education Site Coordinator
Our Mission and Purpose: Legacy Traditional schools is dedicated to providing motivated students with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence in an accelerated, back-to-basics, safe learning environment taught by caring, knowledgeable, and highly effective educators in cooperation with supportive, involved parents.
Position OverviewThe Preschool Teacher Assistant will work with lead teacher in planning daily activities for student. The assistant will supervise students, assist during meals/snacks, and provide general one-on-one attention as needed. The assistant helps organize the classroom, clean up and set up for next day’s activities. The assistant is required to interact with children, pass out snacks/meals, assist in teaching about numbers, colors and shapes, as well as social skills. They also provide feedback to lead teacher regarding students' academic and social development..
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Assist lead teachers in planning, developing and implementing age appropriate curriculum.
- Provide support to lead teachers in devising and imparting lesson plans on a daily basis.
- Assists students, individually or in small groups, with lesson assignments (e.g. read stories, providing writing assistance, reinforce language skills, numbers, alphabet, computer learning programs, etc.) for the purpose of practicing and/or reinforcing learning concepts and assisting students in reaching academic goals and grade level standards.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials (e.g. art projects, computer, language skills, etc.) for the purpose of supporting and reinforcing classroom goals and objectives.
- Monitors individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. classroom, playground, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Assist students during lunchtime, toileting and washing activities.
- Enforce cleanup activities after lunchtime by modeling appropriate behavior.
- Maintains classroom equipment, work area, and manual and electronic files and records (e.g. clean/bleach tables, sign-in/sign-out logs, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of items; providing written reference; providing a safe learning environment; and/or meeting mandated requirements.
- Performs general clerical tasks (e.g. laminating, making posters, making copies, bulletin boards, filing, newsletters, etc.) for the purpose of helping the teacher get instructional materials ready.
- Provide an environment of comfort and security for young students by indulging in nurturing behavior.
- Reports observations and incidents relating to specific students (e.g. accidents, fights, appropriate and/or inappropriate social behavior, violations of rules, safety conditions, change in behavior, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate instructional and/or administrative personnel..
- Positively interact with all students.
- Create a safe learning environment that is conducive to learning.
- Ability to collaborate with other teachers and school staff.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain flexible work schedule.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Food Handler’s Card/Certification
- Must be able to obtain and hold a valid IVP Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at all times.
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- This position requires proof of current immunization records.
- Must have ability to interact positively with students, parents, teachers and administrators.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Duties are performed typically in school and/or office settings throughout the division. May include frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting up to approximately 25 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to approximately 40 pounds may be required.
- Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time; to enter data into a computer keyboard; to research identified job related duties using the Internet and other resources; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; and the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.