JobID 624 : PRESCHOOL TEACHING ASSISTANT (#1921237)
POSITION: PRESCHOOL TEACHING ASSISTANT
LOCATION: DEER CREEK ELEMENTARY PRESCHOOL
SCHEDULE: Board approved 2019-2020 academic calendar. 4.75 hrs/day
SALARY: Per Board approved 2019-2020 Classified salary schedule.
Annual pay is divided equally by 12 months and paid monthly on the last business day of the month.
BENEFITS: Eligible for PERA Retirement Plan
Sick/Personal days earned at 1 day for every 20 days worked
Full-Time employees are eligible for the District Benefit Package (Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance)
Free employee access to District indoor swimming pool, workout area, and District property that offers hiking, mountain cycling, and a disc golf course
The Platte Canyon School District is committed to creating meaningful and engaging learning opportunities so that all of our students are well-prepared for post-secondary success, as well as positive contributions to their chosen communities. Our student-centered approach to education includes high expectations for student achievement and growth, as well as strong physical development and social-emotional well-being. The District serves the mountain communities of Bailey, Pine Junction, Shawnee, and Grant.
- Must have ONE of the following: 1. At least 48 credit hours completed at an institute of higher education, OR 2. An associate's (or higher) degree, OR 3. Must be able to demonstrate, through a formal State or local academic assessment, knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics. (Testing is administered through the School District)
- Clear background reports through fingerprint submission to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and FBI partially paid for by employee through payroll deductions.
- One year of professional experience with appropriate age group desired.
- Ability to be flexible.
- Ability to take initiative during instructional activities.
- Appreciation and acceptance of diversity.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Current First Aid and CPR/ADE Certification.
- Ability to perform all of the job duties listed under "Job Duties and Responsibilities".
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The primary function of the Classroom Paraprofessional is to work with students.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the instruction of students with General Education Teacher.
- Reinforce lessons in small and large groups.
- Assist in classroom demonstrations.
- Perform work of acceptable quality and quantity.
- Demonstrate dependability and enthusiasm in performing assigned tasks.
- Become familiar with and adhere to Board approved School District Policies and Regulations.
- Serve as a positive liaison between the school and the community, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Demonstrate effective relations with other staff members and work in cooperation with them to achieve positive results.
- Communicate effectively with students, staff and the public.
- Demonstrate high personal and professional standards and maintains confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the position.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Apply Online www.plattecanyonschools.org
Platte Canyon School District
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Colorado law, the Platte Canyon School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in admissions or access to its programs and services, or employment in the educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures for Title IX and Section 504 have been established for students, parents and employees. Compliance Officers have been assigned to coordinate compliance activities for the District. Written complaints of alleged discrimination should be addressed to one of the following individuals at the Platte Canyon School District, 57393 U.S. Highway 285, Bailey, Colorado 80421.
For employment-related complaints:
Mike Schmidt, Superintendent – District Compliance Officer