JobID 5296 : IT Systems Technician (#1918032)
DESCRIPTION: Supports the network and systems specialists with day to day operations and projects related to the LAN/WAN infrastructure including switches and servers. Coordinates support, maintenance, vendors, and contracted support services.
SALARY: Classified Grade W, $24.71 - $28.42 per hour to start, depending on recent relevant experience. 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday. 12-month work schedule. Position is eligible for benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support users/staff with the day-to-day operations of the districts computers. Performs troubleshooting as required. Lead problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Manage files and applications on network servers, Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures, contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Support and maintain network printers and other peripheral devices.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four years of high school, plus specialized advanced courses in business or vocational school up to two years of college. Specify courses/area of study required: Associate Degree or Microsoft certifications with additional experience.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to pass a Colorado and Federal Bureau of Investigation background check.
- Over two years, and up to and including three years experience in network operating systems, network architecture, and data communications technology, protocols, and configurations.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with SAN, Virtual Servers, Windows 2008/2013 software and servers, TCP/IP, Switches and routers, and peripherals.
- Strong customer service, problem solving, management, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of network operating systems, network architecture, and data communications technology, protocols, and configurations.
- Ability to handle difficult customers with professionalism and courtesy.
- Ability to work flexible hours. Knowledge of network operating systems, network architecture, and data communications technology, protocols, and configurations.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with SAN, Virtual Servers, Windows 2008/2013 software and servers, TCP/IP, Switches and routers, Virtual Desktop/View, KACE, Imaging, WDS, Patch management.
All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
REPORTS TO CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER ///// SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT ///// DIRECT BANKING REQUIRED ///// AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER /////SCHOOL DISTRICT 27J NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION. No otherwise qualified student, employee, applicant for employment or member of the public shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination under any district program or activity on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, disability or need for special education services. Discrimination against employees and applicants for employment based on age and genetic information is also prohibited in accordance with state and/or federal law. Any person having inquiries concerning the District’s non-discrimination policies should contact: General Counsel, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601, (303) 655-2900 for inquiries regarding Section 504 and the ADA. Contact Chief Human Resources Officer, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601.