JobID 5295 : IT Infrastructure Manager (#1918005)
DESCRIPTION: Manage the Infrastructure team. Responsible for operations and maintenance of key IT infrastructure including areas such as virtualization, storage, digital data communications, application server support, core/WAN/edge networks, and systems integration. Continually improve technology architecture, system resilience and capacity, while meeting service level expectations. Maintain intradepartmental and interdepartmental relationships and provide critical communication to key leaders and stakeholders relative to IT infrastructure. Serve as the primary point of accountability for, and escalation of infrastructure, including infrastructure-related service requests from teams across IT such as, student data services, and service desk, as well as customers and stakeholders outside of IT
SALARY: APT-9 Salary Schedule, starting at $6,872.17 per month to start, depending on recent relevant experience. 8 hours per day, Monday through Friday. 260 day / 12-month work schedule. Position is eligible for benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the Infrastructure team to ensure that service levels exceed targets, projects meet operational success criteria, and customer expectations are met, particularly in relation to the performance of the core network, systems virtualization, WAN infrastructure, access network architecture, ISP, server systems, cloud services connections, SAN.
- Provide strategic planning support to the helpdesk manager, student data manager, and CIO. Provide active and engaged leadership in the IT infrastructure space with respect to architecture, operations, project work. Develop communications strategies around projects, issues, and district priorities under guidance from IT leadership and in concert with District Communications.
- Mediate, facilitate, coordinate and evaluate the professional relationships of subordinates. Prepare and perform employee evaluations, establish and maintain professional behavior, and encourage and empower employees with the tools for professional growth.
- Maintain external district and professional relationships with vendors, other governmental entities, law enforcement, and professional organizations to ensure than the district is well informed in decision making, aware of emerging options and issues, and enabled by strong relationships.
- Collaboratively develop, document and enforce IT processes in conjunction with the CIO, Managers, Directors, subject matter experts, suppliers and customers of IT.
- Oversee, research, design, and coordinate development of strategic solutions and multi-year roadmaps to address business and educational needs. Evaluate and specify systems and technologies. Develop processes and procedures for efficient utilization, security, compliance and operation of technology systems, Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity processes and all other IT support services provided.
- Provide direction and management of testing and evaluation of information technology services, products and/or tools, including network voice and data equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems, engineering or related field.
- Valid driver’s license. required
- Ability lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to pass a Colorado and Federal Bureau of Investigation background check.
- Minimum of 5 years, recent experience in senior level management in IT enterprise operations, customer support, project management, and team leadership, ideally within a multiplatform virtualized server environment with diverse application integrations and related infrastructure.
MCSE required at time of hire
Various network certifications (Cisco, ISC2) preferred
ITIL, PMP, CISSP certifications preferred
All future correspondence regarding this position will be handled via the email address that you provide on your online application. Please regularly check both your In-Box and SPAM folder for these email messages.
REPORTS TO CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER ///// SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT ///// DIRECT BANKING REQUIRED ///// AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER /////SCHOOL DISTRICT 27J NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION. No otherwise qualified student, employee, applicant for employment or member of the public shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination under any district program or activity on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, disability or need for special education services. Discrimination against employees and applicants for employment based on age and genetic information is also prohibited in accordance with state and/or federal law. Any person having inquiries concerning the District’s non-discrimination policies should contact: General Counsel, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601, (303) 655-2900 for inquiries regarding Section 504 and the ADA. Contact Chief Human Resources Officer, School District 27J, 18551 E. 160th Avenue, Brighton, Colorado 80601.