JobID 316 : Theatre Technician-Hourly (#1916967)
Job Title: Theatre Technician
Credentials: None required for this position.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Training or experience required: Public School/College/University experience in technical theatre, lighting, and sound. Prefer experience with Strand lighting equipment and Allen & Heath sound mixing board. Experience with stage scenery construction, stage rigging, and general theatre operations. Willingness and ability to assist with NHS stagecraft courses as needed.
Reports to: Director of Fine Arts.
Contract: 190 days
Salary Schedule: Hourly
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the operation, maintenance and inventory control of audio, video and stage lighting equipment primarily in the NHS Theatre but other NPS Fine Arts facilities, scene shop, tool room, and backstage work areas.
- Assist in establishing and enforcing appropriate safety measures for the NHS Theatre, light/sound room, scene shop, and tool room areas.
- Assist in establishing and enforcing appropriate security measures in the above-listed areas to ensure access is limited to approved personnel.
- Assist in training NHS faculty, staff and student tech workers on the safe and proper operation of audio, video, stage lighting and shop equipment in the NHS Theatre.
- Assist in establishing appropriate technical riders for inclusion in contracts with non-NPS renters of the NHS Theatre.
- Assist in establishing an appropriate protocol for scheduling the NHS Theatre and request equipment and resources needed for events.
- Maintain a commitment to the educational mission of the Norman Public Schools.
- Interact effectively with teachers, students, staff, parents and audience members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Successful performance of the job requires good customer service/people skills and to handle problems and provide information and technical assistance as requested. It requires complying with safety guidelines and policies to reduce accident or injury to staff or to students. It requires following school dress standards, proper attendance or leave policies, and other work-habits concerns for staff. Creativity, initiative and effective problem solving are critical to the success of the position.Help manage the computerization of school district operations. Provide training and support to district staff in the use of administrative computer systems. Perform such tasks to the ultimate benefit of the educational program. An incumbent in this position will utilize discretion, ingenuity and independent judgment due to the complexity of the job. Since there may be several ways to solve a problem, an incumbent is free to choose the solution. Must have the ability to walk up several flights of stairs, climb ladders and work at a variety of heights including grid areas above stages and lighting positions accessible only by ladder or mechanical man-lift. Have the ability to lift 75 pounds.