JobID 1884 : Baseball - Asst. Coach (#1916690)
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mapleton Public Schools, Adams County District #1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries may be referred to the Executive Director of Human Resources, 7350 N. Broadway, Denver, CO 80221. (303) 853-1000, or the US Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 1961 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80204.
POSITION: High School Boys Baseball Assistant Coach
- Valid Colorado Teachers License preferred, however individuals qualifying for Letters of Authorization will be considered.
- Must possess a strong, comprehensive knowledge of the sport.
- Experience working with high school/middle school athletes.
- Ability to work as an integral part of the coaching staff.
- Must be knowledgeable of proper fitness and conditioning techniques necessary for athletes; must have a current First Aid certificate or equivalent.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Out of District applicants must fill out a District application at: www.mapleton.us. Current employees may e-mail a letter of interest and resume to: Erica Branscum, Assistant Superintendent, Talent, Recruitment and Development at HR@mapleton.us
Specific performance responsibilities will be discussed during the application/interview procedure. Special consideration will be given to those teachers within the building.
- Fulfill the responsibilities of his/her teaching assignment as first priority if a district teacher.
- Adhere to the rules, regulations, stipulations, and policies of the Colorado High School Activities Association.
- Provide leadership in development and implementation of the Boys Baseball program for Mapleton Public Schools.
- Train participants in sport techniques, (fundamentals), sportsmanship, and proper place of sports in learning discipline and team cooperation; teach team concepts; attend clinics and conferences with staff to keep updated in current trends in the sport.
- Responsible for inventory, issuance, control, collection, cleaning, and storage of all uniforms, equipment materials, and supplies related to the sport.
- Develop daily, weekly, and seasonal practice schedules with special emphasis on the assistant coaches for maximum utilization of personnel.
- Submit end-of-season report, inventory, and budget requests.
- File an accident report on any student injured while under his/her supervision.
- Organize award presentations for the sport.
- Communicate any special needs to the Athletic Director; Athletic Equipment, Transportation, Budget, Fund-raiser Ideas, Game Officials and Eligibility.
- Prevent athletes from practicing or playing without a current completed parent permission slip, physical examination, insurance waiver and emergency form.
- Furnish a complete roster of players to the athletic director for use in compiling eligibility listings and programs for events.
- Assist the Athletic Director with evaluation of assistant coaches.
- Maintain fairness and consistency in all decisions and judgment relating to sport participation.
- Provide leadership to encourage students to increase in academic success, maintain eligibility, improve attendance, and develop attitudes toward increased self-esteem during the students’ high school years; and perform other duties as assigned.