JobID 1882 : Special Education Teacher (#1915888)
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mapleton Public Schools, Adams County District #1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries may be referred to the Executive Director of Human Resources, 7350 N. Broadway, Denver, CO 80221. (303) 853-1000, or the US Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 1961 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80204.
POSITION: Special Education Teacher
LOCATION: Mapleton Expeditionary School of the Arts (MESA)
Must hold a valid and current license from Colorado Department of Education with a Special Education Generalist endorsement.
Additional endorsement in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education also required. *
*Or willingness to pursue endorsement or equivalent coursework.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Out of District applicants must fill out a District application at: www.mapleton.us. Current employees must e-mail a letter of interest and resume to: Erica Branscum, Assistant Superintendent of Talent Recruitment and Development at HR@mapleton.us
1. Willingness and ability to meet the diverse needs of learners (including special education, at-risk, linguistically and culturally diverse) by adjusting curriculum and working cooperatively with other staff through inclusion.
2. Commitments and competencies in using a variety of instructional deliveries include, but are not limited to, cooperative learning, multi-sensory reading and math.
3. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to a standards-based system of designing and delivering instruction and assessment.
4. Will demonstrate a willingness to collaborate, solve problems.
5. Designs instructional intervention that is clearly focused on the standards and assessments established by the District and the State.
6. Provides expanded opportunities and support for learner success.
7. Demonstrates and models high expectations for all students to succeed.
8. Aligns all instruction with and designs instructional interventions with State and local standards and assessments.
9. Establishes and maintains strong classroom management.
10. Utilizes a variety of teaching styles to accommodate student-learning needs.
11. Knowledgeable and experienced in administering a variety of assessments.
12. Demonstrated ability to work with a team approach.
13. Demonstrated ability to write quality IEPs, including goals and benchmarks based on assessments and needs.
14. Flexibility around IEP meeting times.
15. Previous training in KAPLAN, ECAR, and ECAW preferred.
NOTE: Special Education staff are hired and assigned to schools and programs based on the level and type of student needs. Staff members may be reassigned or released in accordance with applicable law and policy, when any of the following occur: program modification, enrollment decline, or change in level and/or type of student needs,