JobID 1880 : Substitute Teacher (#1915508)
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mapleton Public Schools, Adams County District #1 does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries may be referred to the Executive Director of Human Resources, 7350 N. Broadway, Denver, CO 80221. (303) 853-1000, or the US Dept. of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 1961 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80204.
POSITION: Substitute Teacher
LOCATION: District Wide
DUTIES: Provide classroom coverage for teachers and/or athletic coaches who are out of the classroom.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Out of District applicants must fill out a District application at: www.mapleton.us. Current employees must e-mail a letter of interest and resume to Erica Branscum, Assistant Superintendent, Talent Recruitment and Development at HR@mapleton.us
- Must hold a valid and current 3 year or 5 year Substitute Authorization; Initial or Professional License through the Colorado Department of Education. One Year Substitute Authorizations only applicable for Mapleton Student Interns. Pre-approval through the Talent Recruitment and Development Department is required.
1. Willingness and ability to meet the diverse needs of learners (including special education, at-risk, linguistically and culturally diverse).
2. Will demonstrate a willingness to collaborate, solve problems.
3. Designs instructional intervention that is clearly focused on the standards and assessments established by the District and the State.
4. Provides expanded opportunities and support for learner success.
5. Establishes and maintains strong classroom management.
6. Utilizes a variety of teaching styles to accommodate student learning needs.