JobID 3965 : Building Custodian I (#1912868)
Job | Posted a month ago
2019/2020 School Year
260 days per week/5 days per week/ 8 hours per day
- Ensure a safe, clean environment for students to learn and teachers to teach.
- Maintain and service all boilers, coolers, fan rooms and perform various maintenance duties as assigned.
- Day positions and night positions vary due to occupancy of building.
- Proof of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic math, writing, and communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of custodial and maintenance work.
- Operating knowledge of floor machines, buffers and wax applicator preferred at hire.
- First Aid, Asbestos Awareness and Chemical Awareness raining preferred at hire.
Experience in custodial and/or basic maintenance preferred.
- Responsible for the daily clean up of all areas in building, such as emptying trash, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning chalkboards, etc.
- Secure entire building including front doors, media center complex, building lights, restrooms, etc.
- Clean all restrooms within building. Restock items such as toilet paper, paper towels and soap.
- Engage/disengage alarm system. Monitor freezer, hot water and boiler temperature. Turn off/on kitchen and cafeteria lights.
- Clean cafeteria after breakfast and lunch.
- Change lights, touch-up painting, adjust and repair furniture, replace pencil sharpeners, etc.
- Clean and maintain furniture, hallways, floors, and windows.
- Remove snow and ice around building based upon weather conditions.
- Use ladders, scaffolds and lifts while performing duties and work related activities.
- Perform mandated roof checks and playground equipment checks.
- Send in work orders to repair or replace.
- Check outside building for trash, graffiti, broken windows and glass.
- Clean, vacuum, wash and grease all filters, heaters, motors and fans in fan room, boiler room and kitchen.
- Responsible for full summer clean and wash including furniture, lights, floors, etc.
- Shampoo hallway carpets and office/classroom carpets over spring break.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Adams County School District 14
5291 EAST 60TH AVENUE, COMMERCE CITY, CO 80022
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $10,278 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 12%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 17.36
% IEP Students
State Average: 11%
State Average: 415