JobID 184 : USD SUBSTITUTES 2019/20 (#1909709)
UINTAH SCHOOL DISTRICT SUBSTITUTE 2019/2020
POSITION: Uintah School District Substitute 2019/2020
Will work under the supervision of the school principal following the work schedule of the regular employee. Location and schedule will vary based on need and substitute's selections.
District Expectations for Substitutes:
• Check in at the beginning of each job with location's secretaries;
• Understand and use web-based AESOP substitute finder system;
• Flexibility to accept substitute jobs on a first-come-first-serve basis;
• Comply with absent teacher’s lesson plans and instructional materials;
• Ensure every student’s learning;
• Monitor behavior of students; report and leave feedback for teacher;
• Prepare and submit a summary of his/her work and update the teacher of situations or problems encountered;
• Ensure students’ physical and emotional well-being;
• Comply with all building and district procedures and schedules;
• Help foster a positive school and district culture;
• Maintain confidentiality regarding students;
• Establish rapport with students, parents, colleagues, and faculty;
• Meet with principal or supervisor regarding any questions or concerns about the lesson plan or rules;
• Improve public support and confidence;
• Perform all essential job duties and responsibilities.
• Must be 21 years of age or older;
• Must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent;
• Must be willing to complete and pass a background check;**
• Must have proof of degrees, college credit, or license to be placed on the Certified pay scale;
• Must be willing to complete USD Mandatory Training and STEDI SubSkills Training upon hire.**
Your application will be complete when you provide the following with your online application:
• Must submit at least 3 letters of recommendation with application.
Once your application has been processed, you will be contacted by USD Human Resources to continue the substitute new hire process.
Substitutes are required to pass a background check before being hired, at the cost of the substitute. The BCI fee for the background check is currently $33.25, accepted as cash only at the time of fingerprinting.
Substitutes for Teachers are also required to attend a Mandatory Substitute Training before accepting their first substitute assignment, at the cost of the substitute of $16.00. This is a cash only fee accepted at the time of the training.