JobID 9415 : Kitchen Specialist I/On Call Sub (#1909097)
Kitchen Specialist – On Call Sub , Nutrition
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Classified
Reports to: Nutrition Services Kitchen Manager
Contract Length/ Days: (2019-2020/172 days)
Date Posted: October 30, 2019
Deadline for application: Until-Filled (Applicant screening will begin no later than 11/06/2019. Applications are still accepted until the position is filled; however, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred or any other combination of education, experience, and training.
Performs various functions related to the preparation and serving of food in a school environment, and for maintaining clean and sanitary equipment and facilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- May be called to work at various sites daily. Times may vary per site on start and end times.
- Prepares meals following instructions on standardized recipes.
- Serves customers, maintains orderly food service line, deals with or reports discipline issues.
- Washes serving trays, utensils, dishes pans, etc., used in food preparation or service.
- Mops and cleans kitchen work area, and cleans other equipment and facilities as required.
- Adjusts quantities of ingredients to accurately provide proper amounts of food.
- Operates various types of equipment used in food preparation or cleaning.
- Assists in stocking storage areas with food and non-food supplies following the
- First In First Out FIFO procedure.
- Portions food correctly to meet Federal, State, and Departmental guidelines.
- Serves as cashier, collects and accounts for money, makes change for customers.
- Assists in taking inventory of food and non-food supplies.
- Accurately records food quantities on the production worksheets.
- Ensures all safety and sanitations are followed by self and staff.
- Attends training programs and workshops.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
The work is regularly active. Typical positions require workers to walk or stand for long periods, the employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 31 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds team lift, climb ladders, bend, kneel and crouch, reach, hold, grasp and turn objects, feel the temperature of food items, and use fingers to operate computer or typewriter keyboards. The work requires the ability to speak normally, to use normal or aided vision and hearing, and to detect orders.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.
Some may be required
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org