JobID 191 : Health Coordinator (#1909094)
CCSD46 is in search of a Registered Nurse (RN) to fill our Health Coordinator opening at Prairieview School.
TITLE: Health Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS: Registered Nurse (RN). Formal First Aid, vision and hearing screening training and certification. One or more years of school or health service experience. Meet State requirements - 60 hours college credit and Illinois Paraprofessional Approval.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Pupil Services
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Eleven month school year; salary and work hours established by the Board of Education agreement with Grayslake PSRP Council, a Council of the Lake County Federation of PSRP, Local 504, IFT-AFT, AFL-CIO.
JOB GOAL: Helping to provide an efficient and meaningful health program for District students and staff. Facilitate positive student responses to normal development; promote health and safety; intervene with actual and potential health problems; provide case management services; and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self-management, self-advocacy, and learning.
1) Ability to select and prepare necessary instruction and support materials provided by the District for evaluating and maintaining accurate health records of student and development and adaptation for parents and staff.
2) Ability to use initiative and independent judgment.
3) Ability to plan and organize work and projects.
4) Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions.
5) Ability to respect and maintain confidential student/family and staff information
6) Ability to effectively communicate (oral and written).
7) Ability to establish and maintain effective public, pupil and co-worker relationships.
1) Assume responsibility for appropriate assessment, planning, intervention, evaluation, management and referral activities for students in the school district.
2) Provide for the promotion and maintenance of health as well as the prevention of illness and injuries. This facilitates the removal of healthrelated barriers to learning and promoting an optimal level of wellness for students and staff.
3) Provide vision and hearing screenings.
4) Responsible for direct and indirect care given to students in compliance with school district policies, professional standards of practice, physician’s orders, and the Individual Health Plan.
5) Responsibility for assisting in the administration of the Health Services as described in the Community Consolidated School District 46 policy manual; the Illinois State Board of Education guidelines; and the rules and regulations of the Illinois Department of Public Health.
6) Perform other duties as assigned by the administration.