JobID 661 : Paraeducator IA (#1909022)
About the District-
Edmonds School District is committed to workplace diversity and aims to attract and retain employees with the right skills, knowledge, and life experiences to meet the needs of each vacancy. We encourage individuals of different cultures, backgrounds, and perspectives to apply and seek those who actively embrace our equity-focused direction for the future. Whether you’re working in a classroom, driving a school bus, preparing lunches, or supporting one of the many operational and administrative functions, our goal is to create socially, emotionally and intellectually safe learning environments for each student, every day!
About the Position-
Works collaboratively with certificated staff in special education classrooms or other learning environments, assists with a variety of instructional support and supervision duties of students who are in need of academic assistance and have learning, communication, physical, behavioral or emotional disabilities; prepares educational materials; monitors students' progress, behavior, and safety. Performs routine clerical tasks to support teachers and other district staff. Performs work that may be physically hazardous or requires exceptional physical exertion or requires working in disagreeable conditions for a majority of time. Please click the link under "Attachments" at bottom right to review the full job description.
- Be at least 18 years of age and hold a high school diploma or GED; and
- Have received a passing grade on the ETS ParaPro Assessment; or
- Hold an associate’s degree (or higher); or
- Have earned 72 quarter credits or 48 semester credits (100 level or above) at an institution of higher education.
Previous experience working with students in an educational setting and/or evidence of an interest in supporting learning experiences. Experience working with students with physical or cognitive disabilities and/or behavior challenges or social/emotional issues desirable. Training with cultural, ethnic and language diversity.
Salary- 2019-20 Classified Support Staff Schedule, Level IA $20.76 - $24.51 per hour
- Shift details: 2.5 hours per day (Monday - Thursday)
- Non-Continuing: This is a limited term assignment to the last day of school. Employees are still subject to the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining agreement.
FLSA Status- Non-Exempt
We offer a competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, Washington State Retirement plan, and other benefits for qualifying positions. Employees who work an average of 17.5 hours per week may be entitled to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability benefits.
How to Apply-
Apply online. Complete all steps in the application process so that we may fully consider you. We will give time and care to review your materials. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Edmonds School District does not discriminate in any program or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed religion, color, national origin, age veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination:
- Title IX Coordinator: Debby Carter, Executive Director of Human Resources, 20420 68th Avenue W., Lynnwood, WA 98036, 425-431-7020, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Section 504 Coordinator: Dana Geaslen, Executive Director of Student Services, 20420 68th Avenue W., Lynnwood, WA 98036, 425-431-7047, email@example.com
- Civil Rights Compliance and ADA Coordinator: Debby Carter, Executive Director of Human Resources, 20420 68th Avenue W., Lynnwood, WA 98036, 425-431-7023, firstname.lastname@example.org