JobID 4294 : Exceptional Student Support (Special Education) Teacher - districtwide (#1908473)
Job | Posted a month ago
To the maximum extent possible, work within a self-contained special education classroom; when required, shall design and implement small group to individualized instruction per students’ IEPs; consistently establishes effective rapport with students by use of research-based intervention techniques; responsible for working effectively with a team comprised of paraprofessionals, teachers, administrators, parents and central office staff with the purpose of providing quality educational services for each and every student, each and every day, without exception.
Job Description: Exceptional Student Support (Special Education) Teacher
About Team Tulsa:
At Tulsa Public Schools, our mission is to inspire and prepare every student to love learning, achieve ambitious goals, and make positive contributions to our world. We are the destination for extraordinary educators and staff who work with our community and families to ignite the joy of learning and prepare every student for the greatest success in college, careers, and life. Our core values of equity, character, excellence, team, and joy guide how we work and interact with each other and our community.
Applications to teach with Tulsa Public School are accepted on a district-wide basis. That means that by applying to this position, you're indicating your interest in special education teaching positions throughout our district. If you are accepted into the hiring pool, all principals will be able to review your application. We do not accept applications for specific schools or positions to ensure that we are able to find the best match for both our applicants and our schools; however, you will have the opportunity to share your subject area preferences during the application process.
- Submit an online application by clicking the green "Apply" button.
- All applications will be reviewed by our Talent Management team.
- If you are eligible to move forward, you'll receive next steps via email.
- If you are accepted into the candidate pool, all principals will be able to view your application. If a principal has a teaching position that aligns to your skills and credentials, he/she will reach our directly to schedule an interview. School specific interviews vary in format but will give you an opportunity to get to know the school, principal, and the role.
- If the principal would like to extend an offer, you'll receive a conditional offer letter via email and begin the onboarding process.
Tulsa Public Schools
3027 S New Haven, Tulsa, OK 74114-4114
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $8,775 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 7%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 16.32
% IEP Students
State Average: 16%
State Average: 142