JobID 749 : Mild/Moderate Special Education Teacher Fort Lupton High School. (#1908292)
WELD COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT RE - 8
200 S. Fulton Ave. Fort Lupton, CO 80621
PHONE (303) 857-3200, FAX 303-857-3219
Alan Kaylor, Superintendent
DATE OF POSTING: October 30,2019
POSITION: Mild/Moderate Special Education Teacher (grades 6-12); full-time position split between Fort Lupton Middle School and Fort Lupton High School. Start date is early August 2019.
SALARY RANGE: Licensed Staff Salary Schedule plus School District Comprehensive Benefits Package. We accept up to thirty years of experience. Salary Range of $39,319 - $79,703 (2019-20 salary schedule) depending on experience and education with additional opportunities for tuition reimbursement. Eligible for
up to FIVE additional steps on the salary schedule as a hard to staff position.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Please submit an application (apply online at website: www.weld8.org) along with a letter of interest, three letters of recommendation and a current resume listing your qualifications and experiences for the position. Applicant must apply online. Internal applicants, please submit letters of interest,recommendations to John Biner, High School Principal; email@example.com or Dave Scott, the Director of Exceptional Student Services; firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- Minimum B. A. in Special Education ( license as SPED Generalist or Mild/Moderate Needs preferred).
- Experience as a Secondary Special Education Teacher (Moderate Needs, Severe Needs or SPED Generalist) preferred.
- Hold or be able to obtain a Colorado Teachers' License from Colorado Department of Education.
- Computer and Technology skills preferred.
- Able to work as a team member; experienced with grade level teaming.
- Prefer experience teaming with regular education teachers using either a push-in or pull-out model as appropriate.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Assignment starting date is 11/11/2019
- All contracts/agreements for employment of personnel shall be subject to the approval of the Board of Education.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- No smoking is allowed in any Weld County School District Re 8 buildings.
- Selected applicant must comply with the District's Drug-Free Workplace policy.
- As required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant must verify, within 72 hours of employment, his/her legal right to be employed in the United States.
An equal opportunity affirmative action employer
In compliance with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, Colorado law and Board of Education Policy AC (Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity), Weld County School District Re-8 does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, need for special education services, age, marital status, genetic information, or physical characteristics in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees and members of the public. The following person has been identified as the compliance officer for the district: Superintendent, Weld County School District Re-8: 200 S. Fulton Ave., Fort Lupton, CO 80621, 303.857.3200, email@example.com.