JobID 38503 : Copy Of School Librarian Pk-12 ( Pool for the 2019-20 School Year) (#1907051)
Description: School Librarian Grades Pk-12 for the 2019-20 School Year
REPORTS TO: School Principal and Director of Library Services
DEPARTMENT NAME: Learning Technology and Library Services
JOB SUMMARY (2-3 sentences): Develops and implements a school library program that
promotes the effective use of ideas and information while fostering creativity, communication,
collaboration and critical thinking.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS: Employees may be assigned additional duties by management as required.
- Job Responsibility 1: As a teacher, jointly plans, teaches and evaluates instruction based on content standards
- Job Responsibility 2: As a teacher, integrates instructional technology thorough-out school’s curriculum
- Job Responsibility 3: As an instructional partner, integrates information literacy throughout the school’s curriculum
- Job Responsibility 4: As an instructional partner, participates in grade level curriculum design and implementation
- Job Responsibility 5: As an instructional partner, provides professional development opportunities to promote best practices in instruction and technology integration
- Job Responsibility 6: As an information specialist, makes resources available to students and teachers through a systematically developed and organized collection of library materials
- Job Responsibility 7: As an information specialist, models for students and teachers strategies for locating, accessing, and evaluating information within and beyond library media center
- Job Responsibility 8: As a program administrator, arranges for flexible scheduling of facilities to meet the needs of individuals, small and large groups for the purposes of instruction, research, recreational and academic reading
- Job Responsibility 9: As a program administrator, prepares financial plans for the library including an annual budget
- Job Responsibility 10: As a program administrator, maintains an updated print and digital collection
- Job Responsibility 11: As a program administrator, pursues professional growth and learning opportunities
- Job Responsibility 12: As a program administrator, supervises additional library staff and volunteers
Qualifications: Applicant must hold at minimum, the equivalent of a Master's degree. Applicant must hold a valid TN teaching license with either Librarian K-12 (073) or Lib in Sp PK-12 (473) endorsement.
Salary Schedule: Teacher Salary Schedule (201 Days-10 months)