JobID 3962 : Social Studies Teacher- Middle School 7th Grade (#1906661)
2019/20 SCHOOL YEAR
Must possess or qualify for Colorado certification with appropriate endorsement.
Desire candidate to have training in a method of mastery teaching (Hunter Model).
Prefer bilingual Spanish skills.
Previous experience with mock trial competition a plus.
Previous experience instructing secondary students on legal awareness and issues.
- Perform at a professional level in all areas of teaching instructional management, inter-personal relationships, professional and general responsibilities.
- Demonstrate the highest commitment to student achievement and student affective development.
- Be an effective communicator with staff, students, parents, and the community at large in support of educational programs.
- Be of the highest integrity with strong desire to model commitment to students, professional ideals and above all ethical standards in pursuit of educational excellence.
- Work with a diverse population.
- Work with a team of teachers in an interdisciplinary approach.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: Until filled.
REPORT TO: PRINCIPAL
APPLICATIONS: All candidates must complete the district's online application for employment. Apply online at www.adams14.org. For more information call 303-853-3201.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT: Adams 14, a nationally recognized leader in education innovation, is Colorado's 23rd largest school district and serves more than 7,500 students annually. Nestled in the historic community of Commerce City, Adams 14 strives to ensure academic success for every student by providing highly effective classroom instruction, supplemental enrichment opportunities and parent/family collaboration opportunities. To learn more about Adams 14, visit adams14.org.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Per the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant shall be required to verify, within 72 hours of employment, their legal right to be employed in the United States. All contracts for employment of personnel shall be subject to approval by Adams County School District 14 Board of Education. Selected applicant must comply with all Adams County School District 14 Board of Education's policies, rules, and regulations.
Inspire. Educate. Empower. Adams 14 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.