JobID 623 : Elementary Counselor Part - Time (#1905710)
Description: Elementary Guidance Counselor - Part - Time
Location: Deer Creek Elementary School
Schedule: 2019-2020 School Year. Board approved 2019-2020 Academic Calendar.
205 days per academic year.
Salary: Initial placement on salary scale is based upon highest degree earned, college credits earned after highest degree, and up to ten (10) years credit for previous experience.
Salary based on licensed salary schedule but prorated to a 205 day calendar.
Reports to: Principal
- Hold CO Counselor license and meet quality preparation for guidance counseling. Must be Highly Qualified as Counselor.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
- CPR and First Aid certification obtained within 90 days following the first date of employment.
- Through teacher referrals, provide individual and group counseling for students in the areas of: executive functioning, social skills and self-regulating behaviors.
- Collaborate with parents in helping their child to be successful in school.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to develop plans to support student success in school.
- Adhere to Board policy and regulations.
- Serve as a positive liaison between the school and community (e.g. public relations).
- Set a positive example for students by showing good judgment in personal grooming, dress and demeanor.
- Other duties as assisgned,
Application Procedure - apply online at www.plattecanyonschools.org
In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act and Colorado law, the Platte Canyon School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status in admissions or access to its programs and services, or employment in the educational programs or activities which it operates.
Complaint procedures for Title IX and Section 504 have been established for students, parents and employees. Compliance Officers have been assigned to coordinate compliance activities for the District. Written complaints of alleged discrimination should be addressed to one of the following individuals at the Platte Canyon School District, 57393 U.S. Highway 285, Bailey, Colorado 80421.
For employment-related complaints: