JobID 1017 : Asst. Girls Basketball Coach (JV) (#1904985)
Description: Steamboat Springs High School has an opening for an Asst. Coach for the Girls JV Basketball team. The position starts mid-November 2019 through March 2020.
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
Communicate effectively and regularly with the Head Coach, Athletic/Activities Director, student participants/team members, their parents and program coaches/sponsors so that expectations and procedures are clear. Provide continual updates of your team/group roster to the School Athletic/Activities Director and keep the Director fully informed of possible conflict issues within your program.
Follow and uphold all Steamboat Springs School District eligibility policies and procedures, maintain current CHSAA coaching registration, current first aide certification and successfully pass the CHSAA coaching test each school year.
Always conduct yourself in an ethical and professional manner and promote to the team/group members a healthy lifestyle with respect to use/abuse of drugs, alcohol, tobacco and steroids.
Operate with the understanding and requirement that you are the supervising adult for all athletic or other activity participation at the school and will remain so from the time the team/group leaves the school until all students have been picked up by their parents upon return of the team/group.
Take ownership for the care and security of program equipment. Follow the uniform/equipment check-out procedures and account for all student use and collection of, inventory of and proper storage of all uniforms/equipment within two weeks of the end of the season.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in basketball preferred
- Ability to maintain discipline with large groups of students
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with students, staff, co-workers, administrators and parents.
- Physically able to perform the following on a daily basis:
- Ability to lift items weighing 50 pounds from floor level to an elevation of four feet
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, withstand frequent pushing, pulling, squatting, and reaching
- Ability to withstand exposure to the outdoor elements including extreme cold, extreme heat, rain, snow and other mountain climatic conditions
- Possess sufficient manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination to perform responsibilities as described
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Selection Procedure: All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a CBI/FBI background check EOE