Job | Posted a month ago
Description: Music/Band Teacher
- Teach knowledge and skills of various music forms and music history following the course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Provide instruction by which students develop appreciation and the ability to make qualitative judgments about music.
- Instruct students in proper care and use of instruments and equipment.
- Organizes storage areas and controls use of materials, equipment and instruments to prevent loss or abuse, and to minimize time required for distribution and collection.
- Plan and present musical exhibitions designed to exhibit students’ work for the school and the community, may sponsor exhibits from the outside.
- Instruct students in citizenship, respect for others, ways to be safe, and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Create an effective environment for efficiently utilizing the available time for instruction.
- Evaluate student academic and social growth to readjust instruction and procedures.
- Keep appropriate records and prepare progress reports.
- Valid Illinois Teaching Certificate – Type 09
- Knowledge of Child Development
- Ability to work cooperatively with children and adults
- Ability to relate to parents and families
- Have quality written, verbal, and organizational skills
Lindop School District 92
2400 S 18th Ave, Broadview, IL 60155-3930
Compare with State
Amount per Student
State Average: $13,341 (USD)
% ELL Students
State Average: 10%
Student Teacher Ratio
State Average: 15.71
% IEP Students
State Average: 15%
State Average: 246