JobID 9407 : Title I Instructional Assistant (#1900099)
Title I Instructional Assistant, Maplewood Elementary
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: Classified – Secretarial/ Clerical
$12.99 / Hour (Full Time and Benefits)
Reports to: School Principal
Contract Length/ Days: (2019-2020/ 180)
Date Posted: October 22, 2019
Deadline for application: Until-Filled (Applicant screening will begin no later than 10/29/2019. Applications are still accepted until the position is filled; however, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible).
AA degree preferred or 48 semester hours of approved college credit.
Or passing scores on the Work Keys exam.
Experience in related field.
Supervises student conduct, instructs individual or small groups of students, supports school-wide assessment, and performs other duties and clerical tasks as assigned.
- Works with individual students or small groups to reinforce instructional material planned and/or presented by classroom teacher. Assists with computer assignments and various classroom activities. Supports individual student's access to the curriculum (i.e., note taking, reading, assistive technology, etc…)
- Instructs small groups in assigned content areas in alignment with in-building or in-district training.
- Administers selected assessments in alignment with in-building or in-district training.
- Administers tests and other assignments as assigned.
- Performs clerical duties, such as: copying, laminating, record keeping, data entry and filing, and cutting and pasting.
- Interacts with technology for data entry and instruction including hardware and software programs such interactive white boards, document cameras, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and web based systems.
- Monitors students before, during and after school, on the playground and in the cafeteria. Implements school's PBIS.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 90% of time spent with students.
- Assists with lesson plans.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment/ Physical Demands
Ability to sit for long periods of time, numerous distractions, visual, auditory and ambulatory acuity important
Occasional lifting of up to 30 pounds
Basic knowledge of computer data entry. Basic knowledge of office procedures and office equipment. Basic knowledge of reading, arithmetic, grammar and spelling. Ability to communicate effectively with students and district staff. Ability to perform all functions of the position. Willingness to learn assistive technology software.
Greeley-Evans School District 6 shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, gender identity, marital status or disability. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Apply online www.greeleyschools.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Regular attendance is required for this position.