JobID 4814 : Food Service Cashier -Gilbert - 2019-2020 School Year (#1889038)
General Position Information
Position Title: Food Service Cashier II
Position Department/Campus: Any LTS Campus
Reports To: Campus Principal
Our Mission and Purpose: Legacy Traditional schools is dedicated to providing motivated students with the opportunity to achieve academic excellence in an accelerated, back-to-basics, safe learning environment taught by caring, knowledgeable, and highly effective educators in cooperation with supportive, involved parents.
The Food Service Cashier collects meal payments and provides financial reporting services to ensure efficient operation of the food service program.
Essential Duties & Accountabilities
- Tally lunch counts each morning and report totals to the Kitchen Manager.
- Collect meal payments, and maintain accurate financial records for Staff and Student Paid lunches.
- Submit payments, records, and receipts to the Food Service Director.
- Send meal payment reminders to parents, and contact Food Service Director when accounts are overdue.
- Assist with kitchen duties as directed.
- See that district policies are observed at all times.
- Adhere to all district health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Other duties as assigned by the Food Service Director or Administrative Staff.
- Positively interact with all students.
- Good communication skills with, students, coworkers, administration and parents.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the teaching profession by utilizing resources for professional development therefore, improving the education that is provided.
- Arizona Employees:
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Arizona Teaching Certificate (with appropriate certification for grade or subject)
- Nevada Employees:
- NV Fingerprint Background Check
- NV Teaching License (with appropriate certification for grade or subject)
- The incumbent in this position will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate initiative and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Food Handler's card is required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Duties are performed typically in school and/or office settings throughout the division. May include frequent walking, standing, stooping, lifting up to approximately 25 pounds and occasional lifting of equipment and/or materials weighing up to approximately 40 pounds may be required.
- Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time in front of the classroom,; see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone; and the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.