JobID 1822 : Specialty Track Coach (#1888140)
Position: Windsor High School is hiring a Specialty Jumps Coach for Track for the 2019/20 spring season
Salary range Tier 3 of Athletic Salary Schedule: $1,417 - $1,642 based on coaching experience.
Position is responsible for assisting the head coach with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in meet strategies and techniques in high jump.
Essential Duties 1. Assists the head coach with instructing students in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
2. Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
3. Assesses student’s skills, monitors students during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
4. Assists with determining meet strategy.
5. Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
6. Follows established procedures in the event of an injury.
7. Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards students, officials, and spectators.
8. Maintains the equipment room in orderly condition and assumes responsibility for its security.
9. Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
1. Attends staff development meetings, clinics and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
2. Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Head Track Coach, Athletic Director & Principal or other appropriate administrator.